Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo vs Kirkland Winner in Line To Face Saul Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this fight both Angulo and Kirkland will be damaged. If it doesn't end early they might not even be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Funny how Alvarez is a big favorite over Cintron, but everyone laughs at the idea of GPB letting him fight Angulo, who Cintron dominated. Alvarez isn't just some skilless slugger; he can box and has been improving, toying with recent opponents. I'm picking Canelo; the if the kid can outbox and dominate Kermit, he'll be ready for El Pero.
      Agree with almost all you said except for the Cintron DOMINATED Angulo.
      that simply did not happen.
      Did Cintron win, yes, did he deserve to win, yes. But in no way did he dominate the fight.

Comment

Angulo vs. Alvarez- Not Happening!

This fight is not going to happen but not because GBP is afraid that Angulo will destroy Alvarez. It isn't going to happen because Alvarez will be exposed when he gets picked apart by Kermit Cintron. I know many have written Cintron off for a variety of reasons (I'm sure we'll all get to read your posts) but I'm going to be the first to predict the reason we won't see Angulo vs. Alvarez is because Cintron will beat Alvarez in Mexico on November 26th. Alvarez is 5'9 with a 71 inch reach. Take a look a little deeper than his record. His list of opponents is nothing compared to the people Cintron has fought. I don't see any Martinez or Williams or Margarito on there. As a matter of fact I don't see a Teddy Reid or anyone close to the level fighter Cintron has faced. I know the 'doubters' will point to Cintron's last fight or two and 'think' he may be done. Done? This fight will have him right back where he belongs. He'll be a world champion - as always- ready and willing to fight "ANYONE" they put in front of him. There aren't many fighters anymore who are willing to fight anyone. Cintron will beat Alvarez...and then fight whoever they put in front of him!!!

Comment

If fat man Sulaiman is behind the WBC, don't believe the hype.. Plus the WBC might order another 12 eliminatorS before they gIve Fraudnello a shot with a live body.. GBP knew all along what they were doin signing Angula just like TR knew what they were doing signing Bradley.. In house Promotion at its best...They shld have a new belt for every eliminator, WBD, WBE, WBF, G, H, I, J, K and so on... IDK why anyone of these top tier guys at 154 should fight eliminators to face a paper champ...Its disgusting...NOw he's fighting Kermit The Frog, the slowest man known to mankind...So exciting...

Comment

Originally posted by boxing freak View Post
            This fight is not going to happen but not because GBP is afraid that Angulo will destroy Alvarez. It isn't going to happen because Alvarez will be exposed when he gets picked apart by Kermit Cintron. I know many have written Cintron off for a variety of reasons (I'm sure we'll all get to read your posts) but I'm going to be the first to predict the reason we won't see Angulo vs. Alvarez is because Cintron will beat Alvarez in Mexico on November 26th. Alvarez is 5'9 with a 71 inch reach. Take a look a little deeper than his record. His list of opponents is nothing compared to the people Cintron has fought. I don't see any Martinez or Williams or Margarito on there. As a matter of fact I don't see a Teddy Reid or anyone close to the level fighter Cintron has faced. I know the 'doubters' will point to Cintron's last fight or two and 'think' he may be done. Done? This fight will have him right back where he belongs. He'll be a world champion - as always- ready and willing to fight "ANYONE" they put in front of him. There aren't many fighters anymore who are willing to fight anyone. Cintron will beat Alvarez...and then fight whoever they put in front of him!!!
            Yah, OK bro.. Sure he will, same way he beat P Will and Molina, and FYI when Angulo fought KErmit the Frog , he was sick that night, everyone knows that... ANd who did Kermit beat last? Antwoine Smith? Have you been drinking? I will give you this, The Frog, usually doesn't back down from alot of fighters, becasue I think he really believes in his skills, or lack there off...lol..

Comment

I cant stand that Alvarez guy. Hes mexican but looks like a english guy, a bit like Ricky Hatton or something. I have never seen a mexican look like that.

Comment

Angulo will take Kirkland apart so I guess that means he'll be fighting Alvarez? -- this would be a compelling matchup -- I'd put Angulo as the favorite but Alvarez would be a very live underdog -- think that many people underestimate Alvarez because they don't like him for whatever reason -- Angulo is a terrific fighter, a legitimate elite level guy -- I hope this fight happens

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  Damn right
                  That's right!

Comment

Working...
                  X