No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adams on Valero-Pacquiao, Linares-DeMarco, Bogere

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adams on Valero-Pacquiao, Linares-DeMarco, Bogere

Las Vegas-based trainer Kenny Adams has worked with some fine talent during his time in the sport, from the likes of former champions Vince Phillips, Kennedy McKinney, Ray Mercer, the late Diego Corrales and others while also leading the 1988 U.S. Olympic team to three gold, three silver, and two bronze medals. And a recent visit to Bones Adams personal gym in Las Vegas showed just how much the 71-year old still has left, as he worked vigorously while overseeing the duties of emerging lightweight contender Sharif Bogere.

[Click Here To Read More]

Valero was a banger, but no way he would have beat Pacquiao.. Pac's speed, skills, stamina and experience would have been too much for Valero.

Comment

do trainers really talk like that? "that they have the better fighter, better team and better trainer", imho it should have stopped with better team and fighter at and advance age he is still selling himself....

anyway againts Team Pacquiao with Roach they dont have the better of anything...

Comment

With all due respect to Adams and Valero (R.I.P) - Valero's come forward style would've played well for Pacquiao. That's the type of fighter PAC does well with (ala Hatton, ODLH, etc) Valero's jump hooks and unbalanced lunging rights would've made Roach have a hard-on for a planed counter left-hook for Pacquiao or even slip-right, left-cross. Valero would've gotten a few good shots in but Pac's chin has been proven; eventually, Valero would've eaten a counter straight left as he lunged with his straight left.

Comment

Lol, Valero would have gotten eaten alive. You could have kissed his career goodbye if that fight happened.

Comment

Pacquiao would have killed him before he kill himself..

Comment

I think the writer has made a mistake. Kenny Adams is not "Bones" Adams.
              Bones is Clarence "Bones" Adams, about 37-38 years old, was a bantam/featherweight, and retired last year.

Comment

Valero would of beaten Pacquiao and would of gave Mayweather all he could handle. Im still upset Edwin went Bi-Crazy and did what he did Because i believe he would of been one of the all time greats..

Comment

edwin valero could have kod pacman if...........
                  he would to have needed to land often and also would have had to get off the the floor a few times before doing so.
                  as he said at the time "im the only one with the power" and i believe that was true however, none of us know how much punishment pacman can really take.(if you know what i mean).
                  its a real shame about him, i still watch his kos on youtube and he is probably the only real one punch finisher since the "hitman" hearns.
                  floyd mayweather, hmmmmmm, could he have gotten through?
                  i just dont think so.
                  floyd too slick and quick with defense at the front of his mind but, pacman is quite prepared to take one to give one and this may have meant the win for the late "could have been great" edwin "dynamito" valero.

Comment

Valero was a good fighter....

....but Edwin was mishandled by his promoter. Edwin wanted to fight but was protected like Chavez Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X