Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire vs montiel 2??? Who would win ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fight were people watching? Montiel was getting a rhythm and landing on donaire prior to teh stoppage. in fact, when he got knocked out it was while loading up on a big punch that LANDED.. it just it was answered. I think he stands a great chance if he doesn't commit to such big punches early on.

Comment

Originally posted by mdportorock3 View Post
      OP must be mexican to even think that montiel has a chance in a rematch.
      You dont have to come off like that Im Mexican and even said Donaire is far more superior. True people tend to lean more towards their own race but when you point it outthat way it makes you look like a biggot.

Comment

A rematch is a bad idea for Montiel. The first fight was cut short but it was obvious Nonito is just a superior boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
          What fight were people watching? Montiel was getting a rhythm and landing on donaire prior to teh stoppage. in fact, when he got knocked out it was while loading up on a big punch that LANDED.. it just it was answered. I think he stands a great chance if he doesn't commit to such big punches early on.
          Donaire is setting him up, Montiel commits then get paid for it

he can try a different gameplan, but Donaire can also adjust and it'll be the same result all over again

Comment

I don't recall Montiel really finding that much rhythm against Donaire. Hitting him a few times even though you still lose the round isn't saying much to me.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Of course Montiel was landing, Donaire was getting the timing down before countering him.

Donaire even said in post fight interviews he was just getting a feel of Montiel's power before deciding to counter.

Montiel was set up and paid for it.

No need for a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                Of course Montiel was landing, Donaire was getting the timing down before countering him.

Donaire even said in post fight interviews he was just getting a feel of Montiel's power before deciding to counter.

Montiel was set up and paid for it.

No need for a rematch.
                And you goons believe this? He was countering from the opening bell so I don't know how you can believe that statement. It was the first time Montiel had thrown that punch, so he wasn't getting anything down. It was actually the opposite. Donaire had a masterful first round and the second round saw montiel successfully being able to avoid donaires counters while attempt his own. It was his range he wasn't able to find. He gambled and he paid for it.

I think people are reading far too deep into the fight, just rewatch the damn thing. The fight shows montiel getting countered and being ranged, then finding his range whilst finding a timing, then gambling and nearly dying as a result. The fact that he gambled so early was so costly because neither had a chance to let ANY type of fatigue set in. Donaire was still at his strongest and at his fastest.

Anyone who has actually watched donaire for long periods know he gets the job done QUICK. When fights go more than 6 it then becomes a matter of accumulation, or decision. He becomes content with just boxing at that point. You can argue he loses the 1 punch sting as it gets later on and he slows down considerably. Much like Gamboa in that regard. Montiel just needs a discipline fight where he doesn't commit to BIG shots that hinder his balance/leave him open until the second half. He is a counter puncher as well though, so the chances of that happening are pretty slim - but still.

Comment

Just a bad matchup for Montiel... I would like to see Montiel go after guys like Darchinyan and Arce instead...

Comment

Is this a rhetorical question? Seriously.

Comment

Montiel is a good fighter but he should avoid Donaire if the fight is ever offered.

They looked like two different sized boxers on the night and the 1st time Donaire really landed cleanly he put Monteil out. I was amazed he even got up because his legs were shaking and it looked like a bad Ko. Cant believe the ref let it go on but I dont think Montiel needs to be put through the same experience again. Fight people his own size and weight and avoid killers like Donaire like the plague.

Comment

Working...
                      X