No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time - Felix 'Tito' Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time - Felix 'Tito' Trinidad

by Cliff Rold - Technique can be taught, skill can be refined, but there are a couple of things fighters are either born with or not.

Charisma.

Power.

Those are two of them, and a big two at that. The pride of Cupey Alto, Puerto Rico, Felix “Tito” Trinidad was one of boxing’s brightest stars in the 1990s and early 2000s. Power and charisma were part of his stock in trade. The sky appeared the limit until it came crashing down.

September 11, 2001, shook the world on a grand scale. On a much smaller one, it pushed a highly anticipated Middleweight Championship unification, scheduled for New York City’s Madison Square Garden, back from it’s originally intended date of September 15 to September 29. The results in the ring indicated date was no matter.

Felix Trinidad met Bernard Hopkins.

And for all intents and purposes, Trinidad was done.

Has it really been ten years?

Just days past the anniversary of that fantastic encounter, and just over a week out from Bernard Hopkins’ latest attempt at mocking Father Time, the time is ripe to look back on the man who gave that legend flower, at the height of a fistic legend all his own. [Click Here To Read More]

I'll give him that.

Comment

TITO! TITO! TITO! TITO!

That chant and those times are unforgettable!

Comment

he had a beautiful left hook....

really intimidating boxer,

Comment

Thank you Cliff, I been waiting for this one for awhile now. Awesome read Cliff, this is why you're the best in the business.

Green K to you sir.

Comment

Tito was the best welter he fought everybody and beat every1 a true legend I would have like to see him against mosley that would have been a great fight

Comment

Tito was the man
              he just picked horrible fights for his comebacks
              the Roy loss doesn't even matter though
              good read

Comment

His is one of my favorite introductions in this video

starts @ 5:00

Comment

Trinidad/Mosley could have been one of the greatest fights of this generation

12 rounds of brutality was robbed of the fans. I have no doubt that it would have produced a classic for all-time

Comment

Prime Tito was the man..... his entrances were also amazing along with the crowd chanting "Tito Tito!"

Comment

Working...
                    X