Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Khan is Obsessed With Me, Focus on Peterson!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
    I guess if you hate Bradley, then you just hate him. But honestly, how can you be a fan of the sport and not be impressed by this guy's body of work at 140? The man is always ripped and in shape, plus has a crowd pleasing style.He can box, he can ****, he is well rounded as a fighter. Khan has a lot of ability and a style that could beat Tim, but that doesn't mean that he can. Tim has the better intangibles.I've never seen Khan have to adjust in a tough fight.( Doesn't mean that he can't, but the question is can he?) I've never seen Khan get rocked to the floor and get up to win. But on the other hand, Tim has done both.He got tagged even harder by Holt than Khan did with Prescott. Plus, he had to step his game up and out think and outbox a very game Peterson. Khan will have to prove he can do the same against Lamont.

So if you hate this guy, it must be on a personal level. Timothy Bradley is a fighter's fighter.He's fought and beat everyone they have put in front of him, so of course he's looking for the big pay days now. This is a business. The whole purpose for not fighting Khan was a business move. What would any fighter in that position have done? Khan is already being marketed and promoted well by GBP. Doesn't Bradley deserve the same? Tim did want to fight Khan and he was calling him out. But once Arum got in his head and told him a more lucrative path to take, he backed out.Why, because he is scared of Khan who got crushed by a much lesser fighter than himself??? Hell no. Because he wants to make more money and be set for life when his career is over!!! Even if you hate him, doesn't that make more sense? I will never believe that any fighter that's been fighting since they were 9 or 10 years old would be afraid of any human walking. I guess he's suppose to end up like Iran Barkley or Meldrick Taylor...BROKE!!! That's not intelligent. Fight wars but get the short end of it financially. This is not street fighting when the toughest kid on the block challenges the big dog up town. THESE ARE PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES AND BOXING IS A BUSINESS!

Great posts.

I find it ironic that the same Khan fans, who have championed his business savvy and excused his ducking of fighters like Maidana and Matthyse for financial reasons, now hate on Time Bradley so badly for making a decision that will ultimately set him up to make the most possible money.

As you said, if you're a fan of the sport, you have to respect a guy like Bradley. He made a tough decision here and knew he was going to take some flack for it but he did it anyway. Not a chance in hell he is scared of a guy like Khan, and I am sure he would be happy to make the fight in the not so distant future now that his promotional situation is straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Damn you can't be that dumb Dirk,Bradley does not make his fights his promoter does..Shaw told Bradley the date was July 23rd,Bradley had a date with HBO for June 30th..Meaning he would have to sign an extension to fight Khan,and fight on Khans fight date of July 23rd..Stop playing ******..
      So why didnt Bradley say he wanted it on this imaginary June 30th date?

No instead he waits till everything is almost agreed upon to duck out. *** outta here

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Great posts.

I find it ironic that the same Khan fans, who have championed his business savvy and excused his ducking of fighters like Maidana and Matthyse for financial reasons, now hate on Time Bradley so badly for making a decision that will ultimately set him up to make the most possible money.

As you said, if you're a fan of the sport, you have to respect a guy like Bradley. He made a tough decision here and knew he was going to take some flack for it but he did it anyway. Not a chance in hell he is scared of a guy like Khan, and I am sure he would be happy to make the fight in the not so distant future now that his promotional situation is straightened out.
        When there is footage and evidence of you calling out a particular fighter, and then not delivering on such threats, I define that is ducking. If you believe it to be a "good business move", then that's on you.
        Recently, when asked about Khan, he said a win over Khan does nothing for him. Really? A win over Casamayor means more? He said he wants to fight Pac near end of 2012. Yet he still doesn't want to fight Khan? Thats bs.

Comment

Working...
        X