Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time Mayweather fought an opponent with a longer reach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
    Mayweather has some CRAZY LONG ARMS, YO! For his height, his arms are EXTREMELY long. . . 26". . . Andy Lee's arms are only 25.5"! Paul Williams only has like 25" arms!

But reach is different - reach IS STILL RELEVANT, because it takes into account upper body (back and shoulder) girth - which help you extend and punch through with your jab longer. . . test it yourself: stick your arm straight out as far as you can, AND THEN kinda pinch your lats and extend your back into it. . .

Mayweather is a BEAST with that range, though! His lead right is rangy as ****!!!
    Yea thats just not true

He has a longer reach then the Klitschkos

Comment

oscar dela...

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        Oscar, Corrales, Mosley, Ndou-- their longer reach didn't mean ****.

that excuse only works for Steroidgio Martinez and sergiosexuals:

"wahhhh wahhhhhh wahhhh but...but...but Darren Barker had a longer reach! he was tall!!! it's not fair mommy!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHH"

"mommy mommy!!! that man has a long reach!!! WAHHHHH i'm still P4P QUEEN aren't i mommy??? wahhhhhhh"
        This kid is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Yea thats just not true

He has a longer reach then the Klitschkos
          no, my fellow member of tszyu crew! his arm length IS THE SAME! At least last time I saw it on HBO - hey take it up with HBO! they both measured their arm length (from armpit to end of fist) at 26". . I can't remmeber what Vitali's arm length was - it was either 27, 27.5 or maybe even 29" . . . But Wladimir's is only 26"
          BUT, my fellow member of TSYZU CREW: NOT LONGER REACH! SAME ARM LENGTH DIFFERENCE!!!

TSYZU CREW!! I am part of it too!!!
          Last edited by UglyPug; 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM.

Comment

It was against Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

and i wasn't trying to say it somehow "makes" mayweather so good. . . obviously his insane technique and decades of carefully studying and practicing the sweet science has made him the boxer he is. . .HOWEVER, his natural physical attributes like speed, AND ARM LENGTH DO HELP HIM! Like LEO HAPPY SAID - it's VERY CONDUCIVE to his style. . . he was blessed with EXTREMELY long arms for his size. . . so he has everything going for him - the genetics, and the training.

Like i said, I swear HBO has showed Wladimir Klitschko's arm length as 26". . . Mayweather's has been shown as 26" too. . HOWEVER< Wladimir's reach is 81"? 80"? and Mayweather's is72" or 73". . . BUT, REACH PLAYS A ROLE TOO! the wider back, shoulders and upper body you have, the more you can "lean into" and "extend" your jab outwards!!! but obviously arm length is more crucial.

Comment

just asking.

i honestly didn't know and apparently neither do some of you.

question still ain't got a straight answer.

money may is one of my faves.

i had not motive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                  just asking.

i honestly didn't know and apparently neither do some of you.

question still ain't got a straight answer.

money may is one of my faves.

i had not motive at all.
                  I didn't even notice you asked another question other than your thread title.

Floyd having a reach advantage only matters because of his style.

For example, Margarito has longer reach than Floyd, but if they fought, it wouldn't matter. Just like Margarito's long reach meant nothing against Pacquiao. Why doesn't Margarito's long reach matter, you ask? Because of his style, he gives up that advantage because he's an inside fighter. Same with Williams, his reach doesn't matter cause like Jones said "He fights like a midget".

So you should instead change your comment to "Floyd has had the style advantage over all of his opponents."

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                    Two fights ago, against Shane Mosley.

Comment

Shane reach isn't longer than Floyd's

Comment

Working...
                      X