Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love all this talk about Martinez being overrated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    So should we be disappointed in martinez for last nights performance or surprised in how well Barker fought ?? as i am confused
    End of the day i thought martinez would starch Barker in 4-5 rounds but in the first few rounds i see martinez getting out boxed and beat and bloodied up with the Jab !
    I am thoroughly impressed with Barker. The guy came with a solid gameplan & to win. He looked good while he was competitive. I believe Barker gives the entire side at 160 a serious run for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      He already earned his P4P spot. And, he doesn't need to fight B-Hop....He just needs to fight the best in his weight-class...Whether it's 154 or 160.
      oo he most certainly does if he want the #1 spot!!! cuz the nameless unreckonized guys hes been fighting wont get him there.. and he can go ahead a wash pacq and mayw out of his mouth and plan to acheive his topspot with another alternative route!

Comment

I cannot watch Martinez fights especially when he has his hands down! I hope he fights someone the can actually expose him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          I am thoroughly impressed with Barker. The guy came with a solid gameplan & to win. He looked good while he was competitive. I believe Barker gives the entire side at 160 a serious run for the money.
          No, no he didnt

At no point did he "try to win"

He just tried to look better then what was expected of him

Comment

Martinez is the 160 lb champ cause he seized the opportunity of a title on a higher weight class. So far the most money for him is at MW. He has been doing what he has to do in a fight to win.

If he is so over-rated then why is nobody stepping up to the challenge?

Barker gave him a good fight and still got KOed. Not everybody has Barker's style

Comment

If he's so damn overrated, then why do the top 2 pfp fighters refuse to say his name for a match at 154? Since he's so damn overrated.

Pacman going 12 against a shot 40 year old Mosley was not a pfp performance.

Why did Floyd resort to 2 cheap shots in a fairly competitive fight against a 24 year old?

I hope that 1 of those #1 & 2 decide to grow some nutts & meat Martinez at 154 to see what's really up.

Ps. Darren Barker was clearly a better fighter than we all thought. Give the man some credit, instead of trying to discredit Martinez.
              How do you know barker was better than first thought? Barker might lose his next fight against Joe Bloggs. That wasnt a p4p performance. Sergio has made out hes superman and superman didnt turn up that night. Only clarke kent.

Comment

SMH... OP can not be anymore clueless? Mayweather fought Oscar because of its status as the biggest fight ever and the money it generated - he didn't even weigh 154 yet he still fought there because Oscar pretty much called the shots. It's obviously a one off fight at that weight just like RJJ @ HW. MAYWEATHER isn't even a big WW so don't be stupid and expect him to fight @ 154 against a legit MW.. Manny on the other hand is a very small WW too and he fought his 154 title @ 150.

Martinez not being a big draw doesn't help the cause either.... even though it would be a really good win the risk/$ is skewed very much towards risk. Hate these idiots who jump on the Martinez bandwagon and I like Martinez... they expect Floyd and Manny to move up when they can't even weigh @ 154 yet they say nothing when Martinez won't move up - Martinez's reasoning is that he weighed 165 so fighting Hopkins @ 170 would not be an option yet Mayweather fought Oscar when he weighed in at a mere 150 lbs against a legit JMW @ 154.

Neither Floyd or Manny should have to fight Martinez at all
                Last edited by Phil Ivey; 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Yeah he's overrated, but I'd love you to explain to me how a fighter that stuggled & looked clumsy against a shot 40 year old Mosley would beat him. Floyd would be competitive but he still looses. Pacman just gets steamrolled, that's why he's fighting Marquez at 147.

Sorry bro, neither is going to fight Martinez, but what I saw from Martinez Saturday night loses to Mayweather at 154 8 days a weak.

Comment

Barker is a solid boxer he deserves the credit, but he wasn't ready for a fight like Martinez and it showed by him being ko'd.

I don't know why people are moaning it was a decent fight a slight bit boring a times but i was alright.

Comment

Martinez is a beast..love to see hiom and Floyd fight at 160

Comment

Working...
                      X