Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez needs to stop ducking Dmitry Pirog!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Why is Pirog more deserving than, say, N'Jikam?
    More deserving? I'd say they are about the same.

Pirog is a sexier matchup though.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      he lost fights to ppl pirog would never dream of stepping in the ring with. add to that he lost fights to ppl who were naturally bigger than he is and he has a better resume than pirog and u have the ingredients for me to ignore ur obvious trolling. dude, im not the guy. dont waste my time.

You should just stop talking now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
        So AA is a better fight than Pirog? All he does is lose fights now.

Do tell.
        abraham is on one hell of a cold streak but he still proved himself in the past against top oposition something which pirog never done.

pirog might not have any big losses but he doesnt have any big wins either, abraham might have both but all those losses were to top fighters. all the guys he lost to are way better than pirog and i dont see him doing much better against them than AA did.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          abrahams resume at 160 is obviously much better than Pirogs. Losing as an undersized fighter to arguably the two best at 168 is no shame.

With that said i think Abraham needs a couple of wins before hes in title contention again.
          He lost 3 fights, 2 of which weren't even close. Don't give me anything about size. He was shorter, but he wasn't small. He signed up for that tournament knowing the heights of all the fighters.

This is a laughable argument. He deserves nothing right now until he can prove he can win again.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Why is Pirog more deserving than, say, N'Jikam?
            N'Jikam-Martinez would be an interesting fight too. But N'Dam doesn't really have a belt, just that interim strap. And he hasn't gone to the US and KOed a top Golden Boy up-and-comer in a spectacular way, like Pirog has.

Golovkin-Martinez and Pirog-Martinez would be interesting fights, but Barker-Martinez didn't excite me at all. Did you see the odds against Barker?

Mr. Rold, do I detect a bit of unfair negativity in you toward fighters from the former USSR? And does that have something to do with you growing up in the US during the Cold War?

Who is leading in this poll: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=513247

Comment

You should just stop talking now.
              dude, are u serious??? has pirog stepped in the ring with a andre ward level fighter? has he attempted to? who has he tried to fight besides sergio martinez? he does absolutely nothing following his fight with jacobs and u claim that hes this world beater? i dont mind ppl wanting to see him fight martinez. but plz, stop wasting my time with ur stupidity. he has not fought any fighter that really makes him entitled to a fight with martinez over many of the other fighters in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                More deserving? I'd say they are about the same.

Pirog is a sexier matchup though.
                Says who? N'Jikam beat Martirosyan worse and Lorenzo is a better win than Jacobs. Clearly, this is the man Martinez is really ducking.

Comment

I like Pirog for that one if it happens, think he has the right style to beat him. Sergio is a great fighter on a great run, but I think he is a little overrated.

Comment

Rocky Juarez has stepped into the ring with everyone, I guess that means he deserves to fight Brandon Rios for the title instead of someone like Linares.

That's awesome that you'd take so much time trying to support this kind of argument.

Bless your heart.

Comment

He lost 3 fights, 2 of which weren't even close. Don't give me anything about size. He was shorter, but he wasn't small. He signed up for that tournament knowing the heights of all the fighters.
                      Size is not a factor? Oh okay.
                      Losing to the absolute elite in a very strong weightclass doesn't take away from your accomplishments in the weight below. Surely you must understand that?

This is a laughable argument. He deserves nothing right now until he can prove he can win again.
                      Thats funny. I thought i wrote exactly that.

Good effort i guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X