Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuthuggery at its finest: Rome-by-ko's two opinions on Khan v Casa and Bradley v Casa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    Any proof of that? If he is he deserves criticism but I thought his contract with HBO was that he gets 1.2 in his next World Championship event.
    he gets 1.2 for his next fight on HBO period, hence why he said "whats the point of fighting khan for 1.5 when i can fight anyone for 1.2"

Comment

Originally posted by Wlad View Post
      he gets 1.2 for his next fight on HBO period, hence why he said "whats the point of fighting khan for 1.5 when i can fight anyone for 1.2"
      That is not proof, and that was awhile ago when he said that, I took that as him referring to taking on someone else in a main event. I'm going on the assumption that he does not get that amount from HBO, if he does then he does deserve criticism but I seriously doubt that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Telepath View Post
        Seriously Wlad, where the hell is that avatar picture from?
        Haha, spot on, thats what i was thinkin.

Mayweather-Marquez would have been fine by me had it not been PPV. Fighting a shot fighter for a tune-up isn't a big deal unless its a main event, it sucks for fans and is bad for boxing, when fighters take crappy fights for main events they should be criticized, Martinez deserves to be criticized for tonight.
        Why does Martinez need to be criticesed for fighting Barker? He's fighting an unbeaten fighter with a better knockout percentage than Bradley. Plus Martinez did try and get bigger fights but they were either busy or turned it down, Barker was accepted without hesitation, infact i think he offered Martinez the fight, 'cos he thinks he's got a chance of the win

Comment

Any proof of that? If he is he deserves criticism but I thought his contract with HBO was that he gets 1.2 in his next World Championship event.
          It's well documented . Here's one link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...ftermath020211

HBO paid a massive license fee of around $3 million to land the fight. In addition, it guaranteed the loser a comeback fight at a very high fee of $1.25 million.

Comment

Nah Bradley get's 1.2 mill for an opponent HBO approves,which TR most likely made them approve to get the Pac JMM fight...

Comment

Originally posted by reetcunt View Post
              Exactly . HBO were foolish to garauntee both Alexander and Bradley such ludicrous amounts if they fought each other . They should have had some conditions for the quality of opposition to be a factor too. At least Alexander fought someone credible in Matthysee even though i thought he lost.
              That's good business bro,and Alexander had to fight Matt's because he was the loser...Bradley been said he was not fighting Alexander for chump change and he did'int..The first offer for Bradley Alexander was a joke,these guys are prize fighters got to try to get as much as ya can while ya can...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                Nah Bradley get's 1.2 mill for an opponent HBO approves,which TR most likely made them approve to get the Pac JMM fight...
                If that's the case then **** that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Wlad View Post
                  On khan facing Casamayor in 2010 when he wasnt AS shot as he is now,

*So know Khan wants to fight a lightweight oh boy this guy does not stop.Fight a puncher Khan or call out Bradley or Devon they will drop everything to put a beating on ya.This guy is a clown cherry picker."

*You sound like you have a lil crush on Khan lol.Well if you would stop being bias for a second and pull your head out of Khan ass you would see the fought nobody and got knockout by a nobody.Which IMO makes him nobody at this point.He should have fought V.Ortiz then smart ass another good boxer puncher.Don't give me ya **** talk boxing Casamayor is a great LW and that's were it ends for him.And lets not forget Casamayor is passed it as well what is the point of this fight?I'll be waiting for B.S.anwser you pull out ya ass.

*This is the truth.I'm so sick of this kid being talk about like the next big thing.He beat nobody and most respectful win came against a guy who can't punch.I don't see nothing great about this kid except his skill to dodge a real fight.

*There's still Peterson,Holt,The guy who beat Holt(Can't remember his name)He could have ask to fight Ortiz.There were plenty of other guy's but old Casamayor damn show's Khan's character.

*Not like he would have fought umm if any were available.being the fact Peterson,Holt,even the other Peterson bro who is a LW would have been more respectable then Casamayor at this point of his career.

My Personal Favorite

*So my choice is for to fight a guy who has no chance or not fight at all and this is the next big thing?What happen to the fight a real threat?That options is not available?By the way there are alot of fights still for him at 140lb.

Full Thread
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...91#post8529691

Now lets move onto 2011 when its announced Bradley will be facing Casamayor,

*Duh,now he is with TR fighting on a Pac undercard..Can't blame him...

*Who else could he have fought on short notice??Casa is still better then Mcflurry no matter how ya slice it..

*If ya don't understand the game maybe,but in reality it's not bro...Him fighting Khan was not the path he wanted to take,he sign's to fight Khan and he is connected at the hip with Shaw still right now...It's not up to me and you to say when a fighter has to do this or that..IMO May fighting Ortiz was embarrassing,Ortiz was not on May's level(not even close)but you have to give it up for May it was a smart business move..Boxing is a business bro plain and simple..Bradley get's to fight in front of thousands of fans against Casa how else does that happen??How does Shaw get him that exposure??I hate this fight tbh but I understand it..Like I said in many other threads,it's a come back fight tbh I really did not care who he fought for this fight...But after if he is mentioning Morales or some other lame fighter I myself will be leaning into
                  Bradley that will be very unacceptable...

*Ok tell me how Mcflurry is better then Casa,I want you to make an azz of ya self...I won't have to say anything..Because if ya try to tell me Mcflurry is better then Casa you've already succeeded in making a azz of ya self..\

And Again my Personal Favorite

*Euro Champ??Are you serious??Casa a Lineal Champion bro,enough said..Casa fought some of the biggest names in the sport..Mcflurry's claim to fame is fighting Khan and the guy that laid Khan out..You just made a complete azz of ya self for trying to say Mcflurry can even smell Casa jock strap...

Full thread
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=512942&page=4

So when Khan was going to fight him he was old and washed up, cherry picked, but when Bradley fights him he is GOAT at lightweight
                  HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

exposed!!

Comment

If that's the case then **** that ****.
                    Yea I know,Bradley Casa is a **** fight..The real question is who is next for Bradley??That's when the rubber will meet the road...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      That's good business bro,and Alexander had to fight Matt's because he was the loser...Bradley been said he was not fighting Alexander for chump change and he did'int..The first offer for Bradley Alexander was a joke,these guys are prize fighters got to try to get as much as ya can while ya can...
                      It's great business for Bradley . I don't blame him . I blame HBO because it was bad business for them and as a result for the fans. Why did they guarauntee both guys such a high purse after they fought ? Didn't they think there was a chance that the fight could be a stinker or that one guy would be dominated ? Alexander took his money against a credibe guy at least . Bradley won't with casamayor

Comment

Working...
                      X