No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce: After November 12, I Want Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    So Donaire beat Darc in 2007 and then Monteil this year with a great knockout but who did he fight in between that made him a superstar? I still dont get the hype on this guy. Hes good may be great one day but are we really rating fighters on potential now?
    thats exactly what i've been saying too....he's ok,but i don't know how beating vic 4 years ago and then montiel takes him to the top p4p list...in between those two fights he fought smaller guys,actually i think montiel had a better resume,was a unified champ,went to japan to beat a good champion,was a three division champion and never was in the top 4 ,but along comes donaire and boom,one fight and he's way up there,makes no sense to me...i think too much is made of ko'ing opponents,others are beating quality guys but by decision and don't get the recognition they deserve,like say andre ward or carl froch,the winner of this fight in my opinion is a lot better than donaire,even now i think they have faced the tougher fighters than donaire has

Comment

Donaire-Arce should never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        I thought JuanMa didnt want the Salido fight right now
        Juanma wanted the rematch right away, Salido has been stalling it, fighting bums in Mexico!!!

Comment

both salido and arce after being given a chance are ducking their rematch. *****s

Comment

Arce's has a death wish or a bucket list. I like it.

Comment

i'd watch it.

Comment

Doniare is the most overrated fighter of the last 8-10 months. I'm sick of hearing how he's gonna take out everyone in his path!

Puerto Ricans talking shyte shouldn't even come in here talking about the mexican champs. What has pr done this year?? Mexico owned your island. Not your year; get over it.

Comment

It's funny how he mentions Donaire as his next opponent and EVEN Yonny Perez and didnt even elicit a word about Darchinyan

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                    Juanma wanted the rematch right away, Salido has been stalling it, fighting bums in Mexico!!!
                    Lol I dont understand your concept that they are avoiding rematches. Juan Ma picked Salido to make an "easy" defense of his title in his homeland, and still got KOed and lost the belt. Salido already went and did his business he doesnt owe Juan Ma nothing at all. If he wants to he will do a rematch when he feels like it, lol how is it ducking when they already whooped the other guys ass its always the same pendejos saying this **** too its getting old.

Same goes for Vazquez Jr. they picked Arce who was coming up in weight and I remember everyone talking **** how Arce was gonna get fcked up and he had no chance. He took the fight to Wilfredo and made him fold late. Legit KO even his Papi was throwing water bottles in the ring the stop the fight. What makes him deserve a rematch? They threw in the towel plain and simple Arce already proved his dominance. Was it a good fight? Ya FOTY canidate and a rematch would be cool when Arce feels like it. How many immediate rematches happen in boxing? Not many so why do the Puerto Ricans automatically deserve them? Id say both Vazquez and Lopez got my respect cause they got heart and they come to fight, but their fans are wack as fck.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      thats exactly what i've been saying too....he's ok,but i don't know how beating vic 4 years ago and then montiel takes him to the top p4p list...in between those two fights he fought smaller guys,actually i think montiel had a better resume,was a unified champ,went to japan to beat a good champion,was a three division champion and never was in the top 4 ,but along comes donaire and boom,one fight and he's way up there,makes no sense to me...i think too much is made of ko'ing opponents,others are beating quality guys but by decision and don't get the recognition they deserve,like say andre ward or carl froch,the winner of this fight in my opinion is a lot better than donaire,even now i think they have faced the tougher fighters than donaire has
                      One of the bests posts in a long time!!!!

About the topic, I believe Arce has a chance to tell you the truth. Donaire has been fighting severely undersized opponents fot the past few years and although Arce is no giant he is a big heavy guy, more experienced and with decent power. He pressures the **** out of opponents and has a great beard. He looks better now than he did when he fought Darchy and remember that he wasn't dropped but the fight was stopped.

Remember that Donaire lost to Mexican jorneyman Sanchez who pressured the **** out of him. I don't think Donaire does well against pressure fighters and that is one of the biggest qualities Arce has aa a boxer.

Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X