Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor ortiz’s 5 headbutts against floyd mayweather in 1 video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually agree with bazooka regarding an inside fighter burying his head while trading. BUT ortiz was LUNGING which is clearly dirty... ESPECIALLY since ortiz NEVER did that in previous fights. it was definitely a premeditated "gameplan"... i found it suspect that as the rounds went on, the lunging/face "smushing" became more flagrant.

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
      Hemiunu

You do realize, that picture you have of Floyd in your sig, well, the stack of money, is 1 dollar bills yo
      You do know how much he just got paid for the fight, or I guess that's just make believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
        what rules? *****s? ***** I don't even like Floyd. I'm not even a fan of him. But if you have to resort to calling me a ***** then whatever. So now you're talking about Cortez, and his inconsistencies? Why? Because it has been pointed out that Ortiz did in fact headbutt Floyd intentional more then once, and you have realized it?

I have no theories, or opinions. What I pointed out is factual. But whatever troll
        http://abcboxing.com/documents/ABC_R...GUIDELINES.pdf

These rules, THis is not questioning what Floyd did or didnt do, this is questioning weather or not referee Cortez actually followed the code of conduct and the proper protocal when time is called and your taking a point for an intentional foul
        Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
        i actually agree with bazooka regarding an inside fighter burying his head while trading. BUT ortiz was LUNGING which is clearly dirty... ESPECIALLY since ortiz NEVER did that in previous fights. it was definitely a premeditated "gameplan"... i found it suspect that as the rounds went on, the lunging/face "smushing" became more flagrant.
        Listen being an aggressive southpaw doesnt help Ortiz much, but ima be honest, Floyd did not complain about the butts your complaining about he has only complained about one that costed Ortiz a point.

Now Ortiz has been on the record talking about those elbows, However I am a firm beleiver that when you have to shift the discussion from the rules to the headbutt obviously you yourself have doubts as to weather this was legal or not.

The reality is Lets Go is not one of the commands
        Here is the protocal from that link The bold is my arguement
        POINT DEDUCTION MECHANICS
        1. Secure a safe distance and assume a centered position to the boxers.
        2. Command “Time!”
        Assure that the boxers are completely apart.
        3. Usher the offended boxer to a neutral corner.
        4. Stand in front of the offending boxer, without turning your back on the other boxer, and advise him or her
        of the foul. Assure that the offending boxer understood the admonishment.
        5. Notify the Judges of the point deduction and type of foul.
        6. Again caution the boxer for the infraction.
        7. Call time back in.
        8. Have boxing resume immediately

He NEVER Called TIME IN he said lets go, now from the same rule book here are the commands english and spanish

The point is, be careful what words you use. If you are not fluent in the language, you may strongly
        consider detailing simple English commands in the Dressing Room and using them in the ring.
        BREAK - Although universal, you may also get your message across by saying “FUERA!” (FOO-AY-RA)
        or “SALGA LIMPIO!” (SAL-GAH LEEM-PEE-OH) Most Spanish boxers will understand both of these
        commands.

HEADBUTT - If a headbutt occurred or there is a danger that a headbutt will occur you may say :
        “CABEZA!” (KA-BAY-SSAH) or “CUIDADO CON LA CABEZA!” (KWEE-DA-DOE KOHN LA KA-BAYSSAH)

PUNCH OUT OR LET HIM GO - “SUELTELO!” (SUE-EL-TAY-LO) or “DEJELO SALIR!” (DEH-HAY-LO
        SAH-LEER)

LOW BLOW - “GOLPE BAJO!” (GOL-PAY BAH-HOE) or “MAS ARRIBA!” (MAHS A-REE-BAH)

PUNCH BACK - The Referee is not a Second, but if you feel you have to, the best way is to say it is,
        “TIRE GOLPES!” (TEE-RAY GOL-PAYS)

STOP PUNCHING - “NO TIRE!” (NO TEE-RAY) or “NO TIRE GOLPES!” (NO TEE-RAY GOL-PAYS)

STOP HOLDING - In Spanish the best command would be, “SUELTELO!” (SUE-EL-TAY-LO) This implies
        that the boxer is holding and that you want him to stop.

STOP - “PARE!” (PAH-RAY)

DON’T DO THAT - “NO HAGAS ESO!” (NO AGAS AYY-SO)

I dont see lets go in that list and again from the same rule book the rules again in which they fought under

2. Verbal Commands and Hand Signals
        A strong sense of proper movement and positioning, verbal commands and hand signals, separate great
        Referees from the average ones. Establish your commands and signals in the Dressing Room.
        Go over breaking or separating the boxers, specific commands of the major fouls, etc.
        As important as this is, the sport continues to have problems due to poor mechanics that lead to negative
        situations for the sport.
        It means nothing to a boxer or the sport if the Referee thinks one thing and everyone else another.
        Everyone must be on the same page
        . You do not need to reinvent the wheel.

Again if we are to look at the rules clearly Cortez ****ed this fight up and did not follow the rules that he is required to by federal law

Now dispute that......
        Last edited by x3_bazooka_x3; 09-28-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

whats wrong guys, did the reality of the sport ***** slap you out of this thread once the rules were posted? I thought you all wanted to discuss this ****.....

Then again I knew you did not...

Comment

whats wrong guys, did the reality of the sport ***** slap you out of this thread once the rules were posted? I thought you all wanted to discuss this ****.....

Then again I knew you did not...
            Thanks for informing the thread that the shoulder is in the chin.

Comment

HEADBUTT - If a headbutt occurred or there is a danger that a headbutt will occur you may say :
              “CABEZA!” (KA-BAY-SSAH) or “CUIDADO CON LA CABEZA!” (KWEE-DA-DOE KOHN LA KA-BAYSSAH)

PUNCH OUT OR LET HIM GO - “SUELTELO!” (SUE-EL-TAY-LO) or “DEJELO SALIR!” (DEH-HAY-LO
              SAH-LEER)

LOW BLOW - “GOLPE BAJO!” (GOL-PAY BAH-HOE) or “MAS ARRIBA!” (MAHS A-REE-BAH)

PUNCH BACK - The Referee is not a Second, but if you feel you have to, the best way is to say it is,
              “TIRE GOLPES!” (TEE-RAY GOL-PAYS)

STOP PUNCHING - “NO TIRE!” (NO TEE-RAY) or “NO TIRE GOLPES!” (NO TEE-RAY GOL-PAYS)

STOP HOLDING - In Spanish the best command would be, “SUELTELO!” (SUE-EL-TAY-LO) This implies
              that the boxer is holding and that you want him to stop.

STOP - “PARE!” (PAH-RAY)

DON’T DO THAT - “NO HAGAS ESO!” (NO AGAS AYY-SO)[/B]

I dont see lets go in that list and again from the same rule book the rules again in which they fought under

[/I][/B]

Again if we are to look at the rules clearly Cortez ****ed this fight up and did not follow the rules that he is required to by federal law

Now dispute that......

LOOOOL COMEDY

why is this idiot still crying about 'i dont see ''lets go'' anywhere in the rules'

Comment

man intentionally headbutted Floyd from round 1 and people are ONCE AGAIN complaining about Floyd.....but let the haters hate..i've moved on and so has everyone else

Comment

Comment

ortiz was buttin all night, he got what he deserved

Comment

Ortiz demonstrated the unspoken strategy/blueprint among trainers to beating Floyd:

"Rough him up - Fight Him Dirty. Try Your Luck. You Might Get Away It."

Comment

Working...
                      X