Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Vitali Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    those that think they can name 100 greater heavies than Vitali are just as dumb as those that say he's top10.
    More than half have him in top 20. There's your sample, Einstein.

Comment

• Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      More than half have him in top 20. There's your sample, Einstein.
      Uhum? And those ranking him in the top5 we should not ignore?

It's so stupid it's unreal.

He may be top20. I never said anything but. I think he's between 20 and 30.

Saying he's top10 is ******ed and no one can make a list of a top10 with Vitali on it based on resume. It's impossible. The fact that none of you do it tells everything.

Comment

• Vitali an ATG heavyweight? no

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          Saying he's top10 is ******ed and no one can make a list of a top10 with Vitali on it based on resume. It's impossible.
          It's not impossible.

If part of the resume is "winning a HW championship" (and why should it not be?) then one could very well make a case that Vitali is Top 5 material.

In fact the statistic "KO wins (within 12 rounds) at heavyweight world championships 200x2" is basically _THE_ quintessential statistic on a heavyweight resume since it translates as "dominating top opponents in meaningful fights".

And based on this stat Vitali is #3 after Wlad (#1) and Larry Holmes (#2). And Larry Holmes is only at #2 because he KOed a lot of bums in title fights. Once you delete bums off the record (= those who lost 25%+ of their fights) Larry Homes gets demoted to place #5 and Vitali shares place #2 with Lennox Lewis.

Muhammad Ali is place #6 and that already includes doubtful KOwins like against Cleveland Williams and Sonny Liston.

So yes, one could have very well a case for Vitali being at the very top, unless one choses to ignore title wins and KO dominance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
            It's not impossible.

If part of the resume is "winning a HW championship" (and why should it not be?) then one could very well make a case that Vitali is Top 5 material.

In fact the statistic "KO wins (within 12 rounds) at heavyweight world championships 200x2" is basically _THE_ quintessential statistic on a heavyweight resume since it translates as "dominating top opponents in meaningful fights".

And based on this stat Vitali is #3 after Wlad (#1) and Larry Holmes (#2). And Larry Holmes is only at #2 because he KOed a lot of bums in title fights. Once you delete bums off the record (= those who lost 25%+ of their fights) Larry Homes gets demoted to place #5 and Vitali shares place #2 with Lennox Lewis.

Muhammad Ali is place #6 and that already includes doubtful KOwins like against Cleveland Williams and Sonny Liston.

So yes, one could have very well a case for Vitali being at the very top, unless one choses to ignore title wins and KO dominance.
            stop trying to big up Vitali's paper title. baby brother is the real champion.

Comment

• I didnt used to like the Klitshko brothers, i thought there fights were dull and not very exciting but they have grown on me alot over the last few years. And end of the day, they get the job done. You have to respect them for the length of time they have stayed at the top. Theyv'e survived all challenges and have remained at the top for a considerable time. They are also very respectable and proffessional in the way they go about things. They are good representatives for boxing as a whole. Id rate Vitali between 16-20 if he had beaten Lennox Lewis all those years ago then it would have prob been top 10.

Thanks for reading

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingChamp360 View Post
                I didnt used to like the Klitshko brothers, i thought there fights were dull and not very exciting but they have grown on me alot over the last few years. And end of the day, they get the job done. You have to respect them for the length of time they have stayed at the top. Theyv'e survived all challenges and have remained at the top for a considerable time. They are also very respectable and proffessional in the way they go about things. They are good representatives for boxing as a whole. Id rate Vitali between 16-20 if he had beaten Lennox Lewis all those years ago then it would have prob been top 10.

Thanks for reading
                They are definitely not to blame for the lack of competition in their era. As good as they are what trully makes ATG's in my opinion is how they performed in their biggest fights. Ali is the GOAT because he beat Frazier, he beat foreman, he beat sonny liston other bonafide champions who similarly all were at the top of their game. The Klitschkos resume just doesn't compare up to these guys and they didn't win some of their biggest fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToyBulldog View Post
                  stop trying to big up Vitali's paper title. baby brother is the real champion.
                  Most of Larry Holmes' title wins are WBC, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                    Most of Larry Holmes' title wins are WBC, too.
                    As well as fighting all of the top contenders. Anyone arguing Vitali is a top 5 heavyweight of all-time have lost the plot mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
                      They are definitely not to blame for the lack of competition in their era. As good as they are what trully makes ATG's in my opinion is how they performed in their biggest fights. Ali is the GOAT because he beat Frazier, he beat foreman, he beat sonny liston other bonafide champions who similarly all were at the top of their game. The Klitschkos resume just doesn't compare up to these guys and they didn't win some of their biggest fights.
                      I agree with that although he has had some good victories over some good opponents, such as Herbie Hide, Danny Williams, Chris Arreola, Kevin Johnson, Odlanier Solis, Tomasz Adamek, Derek Chisora but to be fair most of those are only at european level or international level but never got the big one. There just hasen't been anyone too actually test him, now that there are a few boys like Haye, Price, Fury etc etc if he looses it will just be put down to age, he needed to meet these people in his prime to make a fair judgement, its a tricky question.
                      Last edited by BoxingChamp360; 03-03-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X