could amir khan vs mayweather sell out a 100k soccer stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Yea he has a real huge fan base

Which is why there were 30% empty seats at the MGM venue and half the crowd being mexican?

Dude cant sell a 16k venue in his home town, what chance does he have to do 100k?

maybe Amir Khan can pull it off in the UK.

There are very few fighters that can sell out 40k+ arenas in their home town/country

Those are

1) Vitali / Wlad (Germany/Russia/Ukraine)
    2) Canelo (Mexico/Texas)
    3) Adamek (Poland)
    4) Manny P (Pinoy Land)

pretty sure Zaveck can do 30k in Slovenia if
    can get a venue that big.
    Dont forget....Angulo sold 24,000 tickets vs a nobody in his home town with little. promotion. Him vs canelo or chavez will sell 40k + anywhere in Mexico...maybe even L.A. dodger stadium?

But yah....khan vs Mayweather does 50k easily in then u.k. Dont know about 100...

Comment

Khan/Mayweather at Wembley would be big. Mayweather's profile raised a lot over here with casual boxing fans after the fight with Hatton.

I think it would sell out Wembley to be honest. I would defo be there for sure!

Comment

Mayweather-Khan could put twice as many bums on seats in the UK as it could in the US. FACT! Khan isn't as bigger draw as Hatton or Calzaghe were but is all about the match-up and the fact that Mayweather is probably the only non-british fighter who could pull his own crowd in the UK. I'm not sure it could pull the 100k some people are saying but if they also make this fight during the british summer/the football off-season then it might go pretty close.

Comment

I reckon it will do 80K easy. For it to do 100K it will need mega promotion on terrestrial tv and not for it to be on primetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy****Hot View Post
            I'm not sure it could pull the 100k some people are saying but if they also make this fight during the british summer/the football off-season then it might go pretty close.
            olympic games not a factor??? i'm sure they are gonna ride on that, considering they are both olympic medalists.

Comment

Khan is not as popular in the UK as people may think. They could probably do 50-60k tops, but I don't see it doing 100k at the gate. If it were Hatton back when he was relevant then yes I think they could pull it off, but not with Khan as the opponent.

Comment

Working...
              X