Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to see floyd's stans have to say about this, they avoid it like the plague

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Maybe because your post and point was silly.

Your post is more for the noobs then for the ones who actually followed the sport back then.

He didn't duck Cotto, he's not ducking Pac either. Most of the guys that people say Floyd avoided...He didn't avoid.

Marg was really the only one and then maybe Stevie Johnston being another one...But, that''s it...After that, Floyd didn't duck anyone people claim that he did.
    3:53 - 4:07
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 09-25-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

The Baldomir deal came after. So him turning down a career high payday at the time is completely accurate.

Floyd could have fought Marg and then fought Baldo in November. Didn't do it. Floyd could have fought Marg and then got his 20mil against Oscar didn't do it.

Baldo couldn't carry Marg jockstrap whether you agree with it or not. Marg was the best fighter in the division. Had the best WW resume at the time.

And, I doubt Floyd would have embarrassed Marg...Floyd was also barely getting use to the weight-class so I doubt Marg would have been tailor made for him. Would Floyd have beaten him? Sure? Beat him decisively? I might agree. But, embarrass him? No.

Floyd avoided the hell out of Marg. That's probably the only fighter Floyd truly avoided. Like Mannie Phresh said all the other names that people claim Floyd duck is BS. But, the Marg is completely legit.

No matter what excuses people make. He had other opportunities to fight Marg and just didn't.
      no, no. I remember this.
      Floyd was offered a bit more to fight Baldo..he fought Baldo in 2006..November..the same year(2006) was when Margs camp offered him 8 million..he had both offers on the table very close together..he went on to fight Judah..and went with the Baldo deal instead..and no one blinked because that was the demand at the time.
      regardless of if you think he had the best resume..Marg is fit for a certain type of fighter. his worst nightmare wouldve been Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
        i think he chose to avoid marg. but the he ducked cotto lie has been disproven. marg would have made him better money with ppv residuals.
        He didn't duck Cotto, he's not ducking Pac either. Most of the guys that people say Floyd avoided...He didn't avoid.

http://www.boxin ginsider.com/columns/team-mayweathers-latest-excuse-to-duck-cotto/

Leonard Ellerbe said to the New York Post: “I think Cotto is a good fighter who’s definitely improving. His promotional company has done a good job in getting the right type of fights to increase his visibility. But he’s still not there yet. The numbers don’t lie. If nobody’s watching him as evidenced by the ratings, what makes him important? I’m not saying he’s a bad fighter. He’s a good fighter. But he’s obviously not on Floyd’s level because nobody’s watching.”

Mayweather never ducked Margarito. He had other opponents in his list of options that made more sense. I can't say the same for why he didn't fight Cotto. At the end of 2007 and early 2008, Mayweather being his own boss and all, there's no reason why that fight shouldn't have happened.

I've heard people mention Cotto was fighting Gomez.... Give me a break. Gomez could've been paid step aside money in a heartbeat.

I've also heard people say Mayweather was already set to retire. No, he was negotiating a 2nd fight with ODLH.... Seriously, a 2nd fight with ODLH when there's no one left to fight but Cotto?

I don't get it.

Comment

Margarito didn't call him out like Marquez did. Oh wait, he did, even before Marquez did.

Well then, Margarito didn't have a country behind like Marquez did. Oh wait, he did, even the same country as Marquez.

Comment

Floyd winning

No other choice to talk about old ****. What they fail to realize is NOBODY CARES ABOUT 5-6 YEARS AGO

And their little videos hold zero value. So stop making them

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              3:53 - 4:07
              [Floyd]I'm not trying to call out no welterweights[/Mayweather]

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                no, no. I remember this.
                Floyd was offered a bit more to fight Baldo..he fought Baldo in 2006..November..the same year(2006) was when Margs camp offered him 8 million..he had both offers on the table very close together..he went on to fight Judah..and went with the Baldo deal instead..and no one blinked because that was the demand at the time.
                regardless of if you think he had the best resume..Marg is fit for a certain type of fighter. his worst nightmare wouldve been Floyd.
                his worst nightmare would be a slugger aka mosley
                his second worst nightmare would be a boxer-puncher aka manny pacquiao

boxing 101 shows brawler>boxer

Comment

Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                  no, no. I remember this.
                  If Floyd is the worst night mare for Margarito,

why didn't Floyd just take the easy money?

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
                    [Floyd]I'm not trying to call out no welterweights[/Mayweather]
                    Manny "I let my promoter take care of it, I'm not saying no names" Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                      his worst nightmare would be a slugger aka mosley
                      his second worst nightmare would be a boxer-puncher aka manny pacquiao

boxing 101 shows brawler>boxer
                      wait you refer to Mosley as a "slugger"..but Pac as a "boxer-puncher"??..

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
                      If Floyd is the worst night mare for Margarito,

why didn't Floyd just take the easy money?
                      lets see..because Floyd was waiting for the outcome of Mayorga/DLH..for his biggest payday, you know, the one Uncle Bob couldnt guarantee if he fought Marg on his terms..Marg was a no-name that offered nothing extra.
                      Floyd made the same amount of money and got the lineal. take your pick.
                      ...stick around, you may learn something!

Comment

Working...
                      X