• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    No he's not....
    Yes he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by sako5 View Post
      Yeah you're right, Darren Barker is such a credible opponent on the other hand.
      hes better than mrtirosyan. and thats moot anyways. because if ur claiming ur entitled to fight the best fighter in the division, which sergio unanimously is, u should not be fighting fighters on gennady's level, esp when there are better fights out there. sergio is a proven commodity. pirog has yet to prove anything of note.

and the barker fight is ****, but so what? pirog is the one with something to prove.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        He's had nineteen fights.
        so??? hes also 30 yrs old. hes also claiming hes ready for a mega fight with sergio martinez. pirog is not a prospect. catch up kid. dont boxrec.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          hes better than mrtirosyan. and thats moot anyways. because if ur claiming ur entitled to fight the best fighter in the division, which sergio unanimously is, u should not be fighting fighters on gennady's level, esp when there are better fights out there. sergio is a proven commodity. pirog has yet to prove anything of note.

and the barker fight is ****, but so what? pirog is the one with something to prove.
          Well I dont agree with this. Pirog has proven more than Barker.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuppie View Post
            Maybe not on paper but look what happened in the fight, Gennaday held his own through parts of that fight. People are acting like Pirog is going to retire tomorrow, fights dont get made in an instant and non of us know about the politics behind who fights who.
            smh...lame excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              We should keep in mind, Gennady Martirosyan was Pirog's WBO mandatory.

Dmitry Pirog has a better chance of getting a big fight on HBO now that the Slav-hater Ross Greenburg is gone.

I have a feeling he'll be in a unification fight soon, that's what he wants.
              if he can't get martinez, i'd love to see pirog/golovkin. that's probably the best fight at middleweight that doesn't include martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Well I dont agree with this. Pirog has proven more than Barker.
                i kno that, never said he wasnt. i said barker is a better fight that gennady.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  so??? hes also 30 yrs old. hes also claiming hes ready for a mega fight with sergio martinez. pirog is not a prospect. catch up kid. dont boxrec.
                  Sergio was unknown until he was a few years older than Pirog is now.

Matinez is 36, Vitali is 40 and Hopkins is 46.

Age is just a number nowadays.

Comment

• Just to clarify, im not saying Pirog cherry picked this guy. Im just saying his opponent was basically a tomato can. Its not gonna tell us anything about Pirog.

Pirog hasnt got many options. HBO didnt bother to get behind him after he KOed Jacobs. They didnt even do a post fight interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      We should keep in mind, Gennady Martirosyan was Pirog's WBO mandatory.

Dmitry Pirog has a better chance of getting a big fight on HBO now that the Slav-hater Ross Greenburg is gone.

I have a feeling he'll be in a unification fight soon, that's what he wants.
                      Unification bout would be good really doesn't even matter who.
                      Also Zbik,Macklin or Rubio wouldn't be a bad option if he wants to build his name and work through the rankings.

Comment

Working...
                      X