Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do You Feel Castilio Managed To Give Floyd So Much Trouble?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
    It was Floyd's first fight @ 135, against a pretty decent size light weight, it was Castillo strength & size that caused Floyd problems.
    Nope,,, its because castillo was still not shopworn at that point. Just young enough to to give him a good fight. Since the second of their fight, castillo was done for clearly. Not saying its mayweather fault.

Comment

Castillo was great at cutting off a ring and staying on Floyd's ass, taking him out of his comfort zone and smothering him. He didn't have Floyd's quick feet, but his positioning was superb so he was always in front of him. Plus he mixed up his punches.

Most guys who Floyd fights throw wide, looping telegraphed shots at his head. Castillo on the other hand threw combos and some feints that confused Floyd. He'd duck down and make it look like he was going for the body, then when Floyd reacted to that, he'd throw the shot to his unguarded head. It's the same thing Mosley figured out early- Floyd reacts to every shot thrown so if you throw one at a time and telegraph it, you're only doing him a favor. But if you throw combos and mix them up with feints, you'll catch him slipping. Castillo landed 40% of his punches against Floyd for the record.

Also helped a ton that he had great stamina and chin, he could absorb Floyd's punches without getting discouraged and keep moving forward. I think the Castillo fight(s) were a big reason why Floyd avoided Margarito, who he and his team probably saw as a bigger, stronger, more active, better chinned version of Jose Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
        Nope,,, its because castillo was still not shopworn at that point. Just young enough to to give him a good fight. Since the second of their fight, castillo was done for clearly. Not saying its mayweather fault.
        makes no sense. castillo was done?? did u not see his fights with corralles? i swear u can always tell the ppl who actually watch fights and the ppl who boxrec it.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          are u ******ed??? do u understand the difference between a legit injury and a speculated weight issue??? plz dont waste my time.
          lol! Didn't you call it a "legit excuse" in the other post?

Even years later Diego's former trainer stated that it was his fault as a trainer and that he learnt from his mistakes.

You Floyd fans make me laugh. If the discussion is about Floyd's opponent, it just can't be real and either way, its their fault. If Floyd said it happened to him then you don't need more details as that is as good as gold.

YES I DO GET IT. For some Floyd fans(like you), the rules are applied differently when discussing Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            lol! Didn't you call it a "legit excuse" in the other post?

Even years later Diego's former trainer stated that it was his fault as a trainer and that he learnt from his mistakes.

You Floyd fans make me laugh. If the discussion is about Floyd's opponent, it just can't be real and either way, its their fault. If Floyd said it happened to him then you don't need more details as that is as good as gold.

YES I DO GET IT. For some Floyd fans(like you), the rules are applied differently when discussing Floyd.
            thought i told u not to waste my time? i never blamed anything on castillo. castillo did exactly wat he was supposed to do and i gave him full props. irregardless, the fact remains that floyd tore his shoulder had surgery a few months later and beat castillo again. u dont like it, go in a corner and cry.

either that or whine some more about how corralles, a fighter who had campaigned at 130 for years before the floyd fight and who continued to campaign years after capturing a belt and beating a skilled fighter in casamayor, was weight drained.

Comment

Because Castillo was a good boxer on a real fight, many of these latest mega bouts are just exhibition matches to milk the fans.

Comment

fragile hands.

and Floyd was a big puncher back then. So his hands were easily broken.

combine no hands with pressure fighters. you got a bad recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  thought i told u not to waste my time? i never blamed anything on castillo. castillo did exactly wat he was supposed to do and i gave him full props. irregardless, the fact remains that floyd tore his shoulder had surgery a few months later and beat castillo again. u dont like it, go in a corner and cry.

either that or whine some more about how corralles, a fighter who had campaigned at 130 for years before the floyd fight and who continued to campaign years after capturing a belt and beating a skilled fighter in casamayor, was weight drained.

I will use another one of your quotes "no1 wants to hear excuses, save that **** for oprah. "

It was a fact that Diego was thinking of awaiting jail time during that time (against Floyd). Diego also had the flu ...

plus

You guys have Diego himself stating he was weight drained. You even have his trainer Ariza stating years later that he made a mistake with Diego and admitted that Diego was weight drained!!! For a (ex-)trainer to admit that it was his fault years later, that is all the proof you need!

BUT as you have stated, did Diego actually fight for years (later) at the 130lb division? No!!! Diego, just like in the Floyd fight had a chance to fight for the title and so he went for it. So the fact was that Diego tried only against Casamayor for the title at 130. Even against Casamayor, Diego was knocked down about 3 times in those fights.

If you still say, "but if he can't make the weight why try again"?

Now to make it very clear for you .... How many times did Morales fight Manny Pacquiao at 130 even though more than likely many on these forums say that Morales was weight drained? So Morales fought for years at 130 even though he struggled, right?

Comment

Just noticed Jose is fighting Oct 20 at the Bell Center.

Damn.

Watching him get dominated by Gomez at Cowboys Stadium was HARD to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      I will use another one of your quotes "no1 wants to hear excuses, save that **** for oprah. "

It was a fact that Diego was thinking of awaiting jail time during that time (against Floyd). Diego also had the flu ...

plus

You guys have Diego himself stating he was weight drained. You even have his trainer Ariza stating years later that he made a mistake with Diego and admitted that Diego was weight drained!!! For a (ex-)trainer to admit that it was his fault years later, that is all the proof you need!

BUT as you have stated, did Diego actually fight for years (later) at the 130lb division? No!!! Diego, just like in the Floyd fight had a chance to fight for the title and so he went for it. So the fact was that Diego tried only against Casamayor for the title at 130. Even against Casamayor, Diego was knocked down about 3 times in those fights.

If you still say, "but if he can't make the weight why try again"?

Now to make it very clear for you .... How many times did Morales fight Manny Pacquiao at 130 even though more than likely many on these forums say that Morales was weight drained? So Morales fought for years at 130 even though he struggled, right?
                      ok, u done with ur hissy fit? i kno it sucks! it isnt fair! u hate floyd soo soo much! i get it.

but i reiterate, none of it matters. floyd had a tough fight with a injury, still won it, came back after surgery, fought the same guy again and beat him, then moved on to bigger and better things. keep crying. just direct ur whiny little ***** ass somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X