Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please get PBF-JMM II after JMM KOs Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS just wanted floyd to LOOK GOOD again.. give him a break

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
      You don't think JMMs crisp, clean counters can knock out a heavier, older Manny Pacquiao if he can find the right range?
      No...I really don't. Pacquiao spent this many years and divisions running from the guy who gave him the two most epic battles of his career for a reason...now he will put 39 year old Juan down for good...the trilogy is settled...and all is well in Philippines fanboy land.

Comment

NO ONE thinks JMM has a chance against Floyd if he were to have ANOTHER 12 rounds to find a flaw? Guys, if Marquez can find Katsidis' flaws within 9 rounds, surely he can find Mayweather's within 24 rounds, right? Eh, maybe I've just seen more Marquez fights than the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped Bird View Post
          NO ONE thinks JMM has a chance against Floyd if he were to have ANOTHER 12 rounds to find a flaw? Guys, if Marquez can find Katsidis' flaws within 9 rounds, surely he can find Mayweather's within 24 rounds, right? Eh, maybe I've just seen more Marquez fights than the rest of you.
          Well, there are two problems here.

#1: Katsidis and Mayweather are WORLDS apart. Mayweather is one of the best fighters of this generation. Not just as an accurate puncher, but as one of the best defensive fighters. Did you see the pre-fight chart showing how Floyd has the largest percentage disparity between punches landed and punches that opponents land? It was a 30% disparity in the last three fights. Not only do you get hit A LOT, he makes you miss A LOT. The next guy who comes close to that is Andre Ward, and he only has a 14-15% disparity...that's half of Mayweather's percentage, that shows you how much better he is than other boxers. Katsidis and Mayweather are different. You can't compare them. Period.

#2: Could Márquez figure Mayweather out in another 12 rounds? Maybe. The problem is that the results of the first fight DOES NOT warrant a rematch. Márquez is one of the craftiest fighters out there, he's intelligent (ring-wise) BUT he can't beat Mayweather. That fight is pointless. Nobody would buy it and I'd be willing to bet it goes the same way. Could he do better? Probably. But not much.

Comment

Working...
          X