Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Floyd's fascination with Pac and Arums business dealings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
    Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, Baldomir, etc,

all had promoters.

Why did he fight them if none of them "ran their own ship"?

As it is, Floyd doesn't even run his own ship.

Hes promoted by Golden Boy.
    No. He is not. You do not understand Floyd's promotional/financial structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
      A guy spends most of his young adult life hearing nothing but praise from this older father figure type man. Suddenly you venture out on your own and this guy has nothing but scorn, jealousy and hatred to spew about you? When you have a crap family like Mayweather, what do you think Arum meant to him?

Floyd is severely butthurt about how Arum spoke about him after he left the Top Rank banner...can you blame him?

Look what happened when Donaire tried to leave the stable...lawsuits and insults oriented at his wife...Arum is so bogus...he is not a good guy...
      Hes a promoter, where in the rule books does it say he has to be a good guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        No. He is not. You do not understand Floyd's promotional/financial structure.
        Floyd is a Golden Boy fighter whether you like it or not. He may not be on their roster per se,

but in the last 5 years,

hes fought under the Golden Boy banner,

that makes him a Golden Boy fighter. Just because he has a special arrangement with DLH doesn't mean they don't pay him.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd Sinclair View Post
          Despite what some of u think this is a very interesting thread. Think back to what bernard hopkins said about how promoters treat fighters like hoes. They make more money then they deserve, and will sometimes try to make their boxers have a marketable image. Theres the poster on here that has a picture in their sig of someone in pacs corner telling him to pray. Hopkins also said that theres boxers who dont even have insurance

Floyd is giving Pac great advice, hes actually trying to help him but some of the haters are too blind to see it. 30% is a good sized cut compared to Floyd keepin 100%

I wonder how big of a cut goldenboy takes...its probably not the same for all fighters.
          9 out of 10 people in this thread weren't even boxing fans when Bernard was blackballed by EVERYONE because he promoted himself...this thread should turn into a history lesson.

The promoters do hold all the cards all the time...but sometimes you get dealt a good enough hand that you can gamble yourself off the table...if I speak anymore metaphorically I will puke in my own mouth.
          Last edited by Everywhere; 09-19-2011, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
            The truth is tho that Roach and Ariza owe nothing to Arum...Floyd says Pac has a terrible deal because...get this...Pac has a terrible deal...Pac could get him, Oscar, or him and Oscar paid plenty...and Pac would be flying home to Philippines with way more than he does now...

What do Floyd and Oscar have in common? They bloody hate Arum...what could give the man a heart attack quicker than stealing his only remaining cash cow?
            and yet, none of that has anything to do with how Manny Pacquiao conducts his personal business with Bob Arum.

lol @ trying to make a fighter use a different promoter.

Just when you think it couldn't get any dumber.

Now, just answer the question,

why does Floyd care about what Manny does with his money?

Comment

Hes a promoter, where in the rule books does it say he has to be a good guy?
              He doesn't have to be a good guy.

But, also, don't expect me to put money in your pocket when I can freeze you out.

You don't think it stings Arum to see Mayweather fighting GBP's stable in big fight after big fight? Meanwhile Arum has a slew of welterweights?

Arum is making $0 off the Mayweather gravy train while his chief rival profits.

Any - ANY - company would hate that situation.

You don't think Pepsi would looove to get the McDonald's account?

Comment

Floyd is a Golden Boy fighter whether you like it or not. He may not be on their roster per se,

but in the last 5 years,

hes fought under the Golden Boy banner,

that makes him a Golden Boy fighter. Just because he has a special arrangement with DLH doesn't mean they don't pay him.
                My dude, Floyd is not a GBP fighter. Please stop yourself.

Floyd is a Mayweather Promotions fighter. MP hires a contractor - Golden Boy Promotions - to run the promotional logistics and execution of his fights. He pays GBP a fixed fee, and probably some revenue escalators.

Mayweather bears the financial risk (and the rewards) of his events. By definition, that goes against the conventional promotional structure.

Mayweather's model - as he likes to brag - is unique in boxing....and actually unique in sports.

Comment

He doesn't have to be a good guy.

But, also, don't expect me to put money in your pocket when I can freeze you out.

You don't think it stings Arum to see Mayweather fighting GBP's stable in big fight after big fight? Meanwhile Arum has a slew of welterweights?

Arum is making $0 off the Mayweather gravy train while his chief rival profits.

Any - ANY - company would hate that situation.

You don't think Pepsi would looove to get the McDonald's account?
                  Do you really think Arum cares about whether he makes money from Floyd or not?

Hes been in this business longer than you've been alive.

Now, quit being a sidetracking trick and answer the question,

why is Floyd worried about what Manny does with his money?

Mannys money has nothing to do with how Floyd lives, beats women, scares his children, slaps security guards or takes vacations.

Mannys money, is his to do with whatever he pleases.

Why is that Floyds problem?

Comment

and yet, none of that has anything to do with how Manny Pacquiao conducts his personal business with Bob Arum.

lol @ trying to make a fighter use a different promoter.

Just when you think it couldn't get any dumber.

Now, just answer the question,

why does Floyd care about what Manny does with his money?

I've tried to explain it to you twice so far.

I'm thinking that perhaps (I don't know) that you really dislike Mayweather, and your personal feelings are clouding your business judgment.

Comment

My dude, Floyd is not a GBP fighter. Please stop yourself.

Floyd is a Mayweather Promotions fighter. MP hires a contractor - Golden Boy Promotions - to run the promotional logistics and execution of his fights. He pays GBP a fixed fee, and probably some revenue escalators.

Mayweather bears the financial risk (and the rewards) of his events. By definition, that goes against the conventional promotional structure.

Mayweather's model - as he likes to brag - is unique in boxing....and actually unique in sports.

Every fight Floyd has been in, in the last 5 years,

hes been in a Golden Boy ring.

Quit splitting hairs,

hes a Golden Boy fighter. You know why?

Because he doesn't have enough money to pony up the promotional costs himself,

like a real money machine,

Oscar De La Hoya.

So, why is Floyd worried about Mannys bank account again and what does it have to do with a fight between the two?

Comment

Working...
                      X