No announcement yet.

Ortiz says he was just retaliating to Floyd's elbows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Race&Boxing View Post
    Post threads on Victor Ortiz's head butt and you might accomplish something. Floyd is not a dirty fighter who uses elbow strikes, this was just an excuse for Victor's team to use the headbutt an attempt to win the fight by doctor's stoppage. This was the plan all along.
    You probably haven't seen Floyd use his elbow because everytime Floyd use it you always closed your eyes.

Comment

He threw a elbow and got warned by Cortez but the elbow didn't land. It was blatant. And he was using his elbow alot when Ortiz was inside and when he was on the ropes. I believe Cortez warned him about it in the 2nd round but if you watch it again he clearly throws the elbow trying to hit Ortiz with it.

Comment

Originally posted by diefloyd View Post
        Join me as i petition to get this result overturned by the WBC.
        You sir are the reason why I believe when may beats pac you would either kill yourself or kill may

Comment

to the ****er saying it was a fixed fight..your answer is in that video

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hawk View Post
            video replay says otherwise

homie jumped in like a phucking dolphin and headbutted a chin instead of a head LOL

i think ortiz camp wanted to do a couple of dirty things just cause they knew mayweather was going to. they did too much though. and way too obvious. that or that fixed theory.
            LOL @ the dolphin part hahahahaha...Anyway I did see the elbow come up, but I only saw him use it to block punches. Cortez told Garcia that using the elbow to block is legal. I didn't see him use it to strike, just gonna have to see the replay

Comment

M0ther****ers making up stories just to justify Ortiz headbutts or just for the hunger of hate on Floyd Mayweather. Classless, but that doesn't surprise me as this site has turned into complete garbage.

If you're going to waste our time with stupid accusations then please fill in the gaps while you're at it. I have seen the fight 3 times now and I can only see Floyd using his elbow for blocking shots. Nothing else.

Comment

floyd didn't strike ortiz with his elbow in this fight

sigh, tired of arguing with the idiots... gonna stop talkin about this fight

Comment

Is he going to claim Mayweather is ducking a rematch like he is about Maidana? And say the guy who beat his ass isn't in his league like he did Maidana?

Funny how tough Ortiz can act when he isn't in the ring getting his ass beat.

Comment

All you guys saying Mayweather was throwing illegal elbows don't know anything about boxing. There is nothing illegal about standing stationary and using your elbow as a shield to block right hands and create spacing.

Next time, before you speak, look at the rule books. You make yourselves look ignorant when you try to say Mayweather's tactics were illegal when NSAC boxing regulations clearly states otherwise.

In fact, before the fight, Joe Cortez made it very clear on video, that it's not illegal for Mayweather to hold his elbow up and block punches. Nor is it illegal for Mayweather to stand motionless and use his elbow to create space.

You guys are just a bunch of punks that are upset because Mayweather was victorious. Since there's nothing you can do about it in real life, you punks try to win these e-moral victories over the internet by trashing Mayweather's name. If it helps you sleep at night to win these "moral" victories, more power to you But guess what? It won't change a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
                      Dude, using the forearm/elbow as a bar is fine I guess(even then, I don't think it's legal to put your elbow on the opponents neck), but, that b*tch @ss was literally striking with it. He may not have actually landed an elbow strike, but the act of striking with the elbow is illegal period.

just take a look at this video of Wifebeater's elbows through the years. Some refs have even warned him of it.

Don't show the video "through the years" , you pudgy midget.

Show where Floyd was hitting Ortiz with elbows IN THAT FIGHT.

Comment

Working...
                      X