Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great post

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      But Cortez did make the hand gesture and said "Let's go"...stop be being a hater.

Wifebeater indeed, STFU and go beat your meat.
      And... if Joe Cortez had pointed to a neutral corner and said lets go, what would he have meant?

Joe Cortez motioned the fighters together and said lets go, then looked off to the time keeper. He didn't say fight, he didn't say "lets fight" he didn't say "time in", he said "Lets go"

Thats a fairly vague instruction, and seems to me like an prompt to pay attention and follow his instructions, rather than an order to commence fighting, especially when both fighters responded to it by walking to the center of the ring with their hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Nonito Donaire - Would I pull a mayweather? No.
        Wolak - Got to keep sportsmanship/would not have hit him with the right
        I like how you chopped their quote....please post the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          And... if Joe Cortez had pointed to a neutral corner and said lets go, what would he have meant?

Joe Cortez motioned the fighters together and said lets go, then looked off to the time keeper. He didn't say fight, he didn't say "lets fight" he didn't say "time in", he said "Lets go"

Thats a fairly vague instruction, and seems to me like an prompt to pay attention and follow his instructions, rather than an order to commence fighting, especially when both fighters responded to it by walking to the center of the ring with their hands down.
          While Floyd thought it meant let fight and Ortiz thought otherwise so I guess it open to the fighter interpretation but regardless until you understand what's fully going on...protect yourself at all times.

Comment

I like how you chopped their quote....please post the whole thing.
            but you can see how their comments differ from the other guys? unlike the others both said they wouldn't do what Floyd did.I don't believe Paulie would have done it either, he is a good guy.

In fact I don't believe most pro boxers would do it with the exception of the likes of Judah, B-Hop, Mayorga etc.

Comment

these black guys are all racist towards mexicans..its sad really that racism still exist..they like to play the victim but they are the most racist ****ers in America

Comment

Paulie Malignaggi
                Quote:
                Ortiz was KO'd bcuz HE made huge mistake that @FloydMayweather capitalized on. #EndOfStory #DoneTalking

Lennox Lewis
                Quote:
                When the ref says fight. It doesn't matter if he looks away. The fighters were instructed to fight not hug.

Andre Dirrel
                Quote:
                Anthonydirrell it's not ok for a champion to do something like that if @FloydMayweather would have did That it would have been all bad but since Vic did

Antonio Tarver
                Quote:
                Protect yourself at all times, it's the first rule of boxing.

AndreBerto
                Quote:
                2 B honest the butt was wrong and the last right hand punch that Floyd threw was alittle much... But u have to protect yourself at all times

Nonito Donaire
                Quote:
                It can be classless, it can be unsportmanike, even opportunistic, but unforunately, its still legal. Would I pull a mayweather? No. But would I pull an Ortiz and be THAT close to a fighter even IF he was saying sorry? No. Id keep arms length away.

OmarHenry
                Quote:
                By the way the ending wasnt dirty protect yourself at all times Victor was looking for an excuse out and he found it. STOP HATING!

Audley Harrison
                Quote:
                That was warming into a great fight. Shame, but Victor was naive to drop his hands like that, protect yourself at all times is the rules.

Anthonydirrell
                Quote:
                Did what he had to do it protect yourself at all time

BrianViloria
                Quote:
                Once the referee says fight...put yo damn guard up!

Rashad Holloway
                Quote:
                Protect yourself at all times. But damn, is there any class in boxing anymore?

Peter Quillin
                Quote:
                Protect urself at all times 2nd rule in boxing. 1st rule is. Keep ur hands up!

Ishe Smith
                Quote:
                Protect urself at all times, why are u going to hug the guy, this is the fight business

Pawel Wolak
                Quote:
                I probably would have hit with the left hook but not with the follow right. Got 2 keep protected at all times but try 2 keep sportsmanship.

Eddie Chambers
                Quote:
                Victor Ortiz should of never dropped his guard... & always know u are never friend while u in that ring!!

Steve Cunningham
                Quote:
                y'all call us warriors gladiators right, I agree with wut Floyd did its fight time not time to hug kiss and apologize
                Great thread/post.

Midget *******s' opinions don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by johnx View Post
                  these black guys are all racist towards mexicans..its sad really that racism still exist..they like to play the victim but they are the most racist ****ers in America
                  You're an ignorant fool if you think this is blacks vs. mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
                    They've all done it during their careers already, so they're all hypocritical statements.
                    How so? neither of them said they'd never touch gloves etc, they just said what was done was done. They'd be hypocrites if it HAPPENED TO THEM and they complained.. NOT if they showed sportsmanship. You guys are both idiots with skewed logic.

Comment

While Floyd thought it meant let fight and Ortiz thought otherwise so I guess it open to the fighter interpretation but regardless until you understand what's fully going on...protect yourself at all times.
                      Are you suppose to protect yourself while in the corner between rounds? Where is the line drawn?

In fact, protect yourself at all times is not actually written into the rules of boxing, but one curious thing is written into the rules under the fouls section by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

"14. Engaging in any unsportsmanlike trick or action which causes injury to an opponent."

That is the very definition of what Floyd Mayweather did. Unsportsmanlike conduct is not legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X