No announcement yet.

Cant believe the OVERREACTION to this so-called "sucker punch"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant believe the OVERREACTION to this so-called "sucker punch"

The outcry is just a bit over the top. I keep hearing people chime in saying how it was disgraceful and disgusting. Really?? When it first happened, all I said was "Ortiz is a fkn idiot!" Did Floyd capatalize on the situation? Sure he did. Was it illegal? NO! I was just dissapointed at the way it ended. We've all been worked up for this fight for 3-4 months, only for it to end the way it did. I somehow feel that Floyd isnt happy with the way it ended either due to the fact that he's not going to get credit for the way the KO came about.

wow...to hear u saying that is shocking. but the truth nontheless. we lost a good fight. but thats all i think happened. ortiz still lost to a better fighter. i think floyd could have done it better tho, but he was clearly superior.

Comment

it's the new "fans" of the sport. they believe every boxer should behave like manny pacquiao. they're fixated on that pacquiao-clottey/mosley lovefest.

Comment

If Victor did that to Floyd, causing Floyd to lose his first fight, *****s would be calling foul. True story.

Or lemme guess, they'd accept it as a legit move and congratulate Victor for a job well done?

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          The outcry is just a bit over the top. I keep hearing people chime in saying how it was disgraceful and disgusting. Really?? When it first happened, all I said was "Ortiz is a fkn idiot!" Did Floyd capatalize on the situation? Sure he did. Was it illegal? NO! I was just dissapointed at the way it ended. We've all been worked up for this fight for 3-4 months, only for it to end the way it did. I somehow feel that Floyd isnt happy with the way it ended either due to the fact that he's not going to get credit for the way the KO came about.
          Completely agree. If it were the other way round, it would be upset/knockout of the century.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
            it's the new "fans" of the sport. they believe every boxer should behave like manny pacquiao. they're fixated on that pacquiao-clottey/mosley lovefest.
            You dont headbutt your opponent, bust his lip up, then expect him to embrace your hugs without retaliating. WTF was on Ortiz's mind? Had he did it, took his point deduction and said "fk it, its a fight", he would have been better off.

What I did notice is, Floyd was VERY uncomfortable with that cut. Even after the fight was over, he seemed freaked out by it. Could that be the key to throwing him off his game? Hmmmm......

Comment

cause it's floyd,simple and plain..sure i wouldve loved to see ortiz beat up another round or 2..but ortiz pissed floyd off and thats what we got

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                If Victor did that to Floyd, causing Floyd to lose his first fight, *****s would be calling foul. True story.

Or lemme guess, they'd accept it as a legit move and congratulate Victor for a job well done?
                Look. Everyone here can tell you that I cant stand Floyd the person. If he did something really f'd up, i'd be the first to call him out on it. Truth is, Ortiz let his guard down and Floyd jumped on the opportunity to land the quick 1-2. He did it to both Gatti and Mosley.

Comment

posters love to comfort themselves with "ifs" when they got nothin left to say.

Comment

It's a fight, not a hugging match, honestly If it was me I wouldn't even have acknowledged his apology the first time.

This mother****er has been talking **** about me for months, just headbutted me, and i'm supposed to be nice to him? **** that.

That was legal and legit.

Cortez said lets go, reset it, and floyd hit him right when he said "time in"

Comment

Working...
                    X