Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd just lost any and all leverage for demanding extra testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ortiz fought dirty, Mayweather got a cheap shot but he didn't infringe the rules, stop being pathetic you just don't like the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
      Ortiz fought dirty, Mayweather got a cheap shot but he didn't infringe the rules, stop being pathetic you just don't like the guy.

So by Manny not accepting Floyds demand for extra testing,

how is Manny infringing the rules of boxing?

Hes not.

Hes doing everything within the guidelines as specified by the athletic commissions of the states he fights in.

Just like Floyd sucker punching Ortiz.

He simply lost every single reason he had for needing extra testing, "I want a fair fight".

Fighting fair, isn't pretending to give a sportsmans gesture and then sucker punch him as he steps back waiting for the action to begin.

Now go back into the little hole you crawled out of so you can "keep waiting".

Comment

Originally posted by Ea$y Money View Post
        His entire basis for having it is because he wanted a "fair" fight and to "clean up the sport of boxing".

All of that, is now gone. Forever.

Sorry Floyd stans, your boy killed any argument you had for wanting this bs.
        For *****s, logic itself doesn't hold any water. You have a reasoned argument with evidence, don't bring that round the *****s.

Why was Ortiz acting all gay?

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          For *****s, logic itself doesn't hold any water. You have a reasoned argument with evidence, don't bring that round the *****s.

Why was Ortiz acting all gay?
          I know, thats why instead of actually tackling the subject at hand,

all they can do is post corny photos. But you know how the story goes,how Floyd goes, they go.

"14 days is more than enough" "yes, 14 days is great"

"14 days isn't good enough" "no, 14 days isn't good enough"

Comment

Originally posted by Ea$y Money View Post
            So, what you're saying is,

keeping the integrity of the sport isn't important any more?

Gotcha

Its funny though, because keeping the integrity of the sport is all we've heard from Floyd stans since 2009.
            I don't know what sport you've been watching, but boxing is not a sport where boxers take time outs during rounds to apologize, hug and kiss.

What you want is a Shane Mosley bout where after each exchange the boxers touch gloves, exchange pleasantries and possible kiss when its all over.

That happens during SPARRING, and its a terrible habit to form during real bouts.

You'd like to believe that Floyd somehow violated the integrity of boxing, but in truth, he saved the match. No one paid to see men hug and slow dance. This is a sport where men get paid to hurt each other. Like Floyd says, "The is the hurt business".

After being headbutted on purpose, Floyd was gracious enough to touch gloves, allow Ortiz to hug him and kiss him. Then Floyd put his hands up, while Ortiz continued his antics.

Once Floyd put his guard up, Ortiz should have known to protect himself. This was a case of Ortiz thinking that he had time and opportunity to converse and explain. He thought wrong.

Something similar happened to Roy Jones. When Jones knocked down Griffin, the ref did not rule it a knock down or step in to intervene. Griffin, who had been ducking as low throughout the fight, stayed down on one knee and so Jones hit him again because no knockdown was ruled.

Jones was DQ's not because the ref saw any fault on the part of Jones, but because Larry Hazard jumped in the ring and ordered the ref to rule it a DQ, which technically is illegal. Only the ref has the right to rule ANYTHING.

Still, the fault was not on the fighter. Jones haters called him a cheater and said he took a cheap shot, but the truth was the ref had not stepped in to rule it a knockdown and a fighter is supposed to protect himself at all times because a ref cannot be everywhere at all times.

They said it about Roy, and they're saying it about Floyd.

If you want to argue about boxing's integrity Easy Money, then maybe you should try explaining how Manny Pacquiao was ever considered the top anything above 135 when he never faced the top guy at 140, 147 or 154.

If anything, that would be how boxing has lost its integrity. You don't become the best or top fighter by beating men who are ranked 5th.

Explain that to the forum, Easy Money ... since you seem so concerned with boxing's integrity.

How has Manny Pacquiao ever been hailed as a top boxer after Marquez when the men he fought were no longer at the top for him to take their place?!?!?!

If Pacquiao beats Baldomir now does that mean he's on top because Baldomir once was? How does that work?

The best is the best because they beat the best. The best are defined as the #1, 2 and 3 in a division. The best are defined by taking chances. The best are defined by doing things that even better than average boxers cannot do and aren't willing to try.

When was the last time Pacquiao fought the best? It was in 2008 against Marquez!

When was the last time Floyd fought the best? Last night!

When was the last time anyone outside of HW fought an opponent who outweighed them by more than 15-20lbs? It was Floyd Mayweather when he fought Victor Ortiz who weighed 164lbs. Before that it was Floyd Mayweather when he fought Oscar DelaHoya when DLH came in at 170lbs+. Before that it was when Roy Jones came up to HW by gaining 25lbs over 6 months to win a HW championship.

Its a rare feat that only special talents can accomplish.

Neither of those men use the pathetic antics that Pacquiao has. Neither used catchweights. Neither used rehydration clauses. Neither used vacant titles to make a case for dominance because they fought champions to make their case.

If you want to talk integrity Easy Money, I just gave you an excellent place to start.

Let's see if you're really concerned about the integrity of the sport or are you just another jealous hater of boxing's MVP. We'll all know if you respond, and how you respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
              I don't know what sport you've been watching, but boxing is not a sport where boxers take time outs during rounds to apologize, hug and kiss.

What you want is a Shane Mosley bout where after each exchange the boxers touch gloves, exchange pleasantries and possible kiss when its all over.

That happens during SPARRING, and its a terrible habit to form during real bouts.

You'd like to believe that Floyd somehow violated the integrity of boxing, but in truth, he saved the match. No one paid to see men hug and slow dance. This is a sport where men get paid to hurt each other. Like Floyd says, "The is the hurt business".

After being headbutted on purpose, Floyd was gracious enough to touch gloves, allow Ortiz to hug him and kiss him. Then Floyd put his hands up, while Ortiz continued his antics.

Once Floyd put his guard up, Ortiz should have known to protect himself. This was a case of Ortiz thinking that he had time and opportunity to converse and explain. He thought wrong.

Something similar happened to Roy Jones. When Jones knocked down Griffin, the ref did not rule it a knock down or step in to intervene. Griffin, who had been ducking as low throughout the fight, stayed down on one knee and so Jones hit him again because no knockdown was ruled.

Jones was DQ's not because the ref saw any fault on the part of Jones, but because Larry Hazard jumped in the ring and ordered the ref to rule it a DQ, which technically is illegal. Only the ref has the right to rule ANYTHING.

Still, the fault was not on the fighter. Jones haters called him a cheater and said he took a cheap shot, but the truth was the ref had not stepped in to rule it a knockdown and a fighter is supposed to protect himself at all times because a ref cannot be everywhere at all times.

They said it about Roy, and they're saying it about Floyd.

If you want to argue about boxing's integrity Easy Money, then maybe you should try explaining how Manny Pacquiao was ever considered the top anything above 135 when he never faced the top guy at 140, 147 or 154.

If anything, that would be how boxing has lost its integrity. You don't become the best or top fighter by beating men who are ranked 5th.

Explain that to the forum, Easy Money ... since you seem so concerned with boxing's integrity.

How has Manny Pacquiao ever been hailed as a top boxer after Marquez when the men he fought were no longer at the top for him to take their place?!?!?!

If Pacquiao beats Baldomir now does that mean he's on top because Baldomir once was? How does that work?

The best is the best because they beat the best. The best are defined as the #1, 2 and 3 in a division. The best are defined by taking chances. The best are defined by doing things that even better than average boxers cannot do and aren't willing to try.

When was the last time Pacquiao fought the best? It was in 2008 against Marquez!

When was the last time Floyd fought the best? Last night!

When was the last time anyone outside of HW fought an opponent who outweighed them by more than 15-20lbs? It was Floyd Mayweather when he fought Victor Ortiz who weighed 164lbs. Before that it was Floyd Mayweather when he fought Oscar DelaHoya when DLH came in at 170lbs+. Before that it was when Roy Jones came up to HW by gaining 25lbs over 6 months to win a HW championship.

Its a rare feat that only special talents can accomplish.

Neither of those men use the pathetic antics that Pacquiao has. Neither used catchweights. Neither used rehydration clauses. Neither used vacant titles to make a case for dominance because they fought champions to make their case.

If you want to talk integrity Easy Money, I just gave you an excellent place to start.

Let's see if you're really concerned about the integrity of the sport or are you just another jealous hater of boxing's MVP. We'll all know if you respond, and how you respond.
              Look clown,

you and every other minion here has stated that in order for Pac to fight Floyd, Manny must do Floyds extra testing to ensure a fair fight.

Now, that the world has seen Mayweather sucker punch an opponent into a KO,

you nor any other of your kind has any say on the matter in regards to integrity or sportsmanship.

What the world saw last night, was a fighter who claims to be the best ever,

have to sucker punch his opponent in order to secure a victory.

No integrity, no class and certainly no sportsmanship involved in that.

With that, Floyd has no ground to stand on when talking about making Manny take any test because its for the betterment of the sport.

Comment

wwe supervised fight

I was so darn amazed how they staged the fight of mayweather and ortiz its like watching a game of wrestling lol.. while the ref is not looking the bad guy does a dirty trick and then bammm the game is over the 3 count is up.. For me the fight was the stupidest fight of the century! Ortiz didnt protect himself after the 1st cheapshot! cmon ortiz its second nature for boxers' such as yourself to protect and fight back when you get hit by a punch.. Finally the ref really suck bigtime wtf what is so important that he turned his sight off after the head butt! I mean they all did their drama homework! haha

Comment

Originally posted by oninsci View Post
                  I was so darn amazed how they staged the fight of mayweather and ortiz its like watching a game of wrestling lol.. while the ref is not looking the bad guy does a dirty trick and then bammm the game is over the 3 count is up.. For me the fight was the stupidest fight of the century! Ortiz didnt protect himself after the 1st cheapshot! cmon ortiz its second nature for boxers' such as yourself to protect and fight back when you get hit by a punch.. Finally the ref really suck bigtime wtf what is so important that he turned his sight off after the head butt! I mean they all did their drama homework! haha

Comment

Lol, floyd fanboys are absolutely CRAWLING all over boxing forums right now. Heh, it makes sense...because the whole world right now is talking about what a sucker punch mayweather delivered last night, this is the only place where they get to rejoice.

Comment

My thoughts...
                      First of all I am not a "floyd fan", secondly, I was rooting for Ortiz because I believe his youth and pressure would be a big factor in the fight.

That being said, I truly believe this "situation" would not have happened if Ortiz had not intentionally head butted mayweather.

In all honesty, I agree with some of the "floyd fans" that what he did in retaliation is justifiable. EYE for an EYE. I also agree with the stance of "protect yourself at all times"... it is the hurt business, aside from a "dap" i.e., touch gloves, hugging and kissing is totally unessesary (unacceptable for ANYONE). Despite being a "cheap shot" and very dissappointing for all paying customers to expect a "fair" fight, it was a legit punch. It totally sucks to see how it went down, I am disgusted with the "situation" but can only accept the fact that it is a legit (yet unfullfilled) victory.

Congrats to Floyd for putting on a show....................

Comment

Working...
                      X