Donaire: "It was legal but I would NEVER pull a 'Mayweather'"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucker punches are very bad sportsmanship:

Comment

unfortunately its legal but thats what mayweather does he'll suckerpunch you when your not ready he did it to gatti and mosley

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        .....Donaire is a Top P4P , Mayweather isn't what he says is relevant

and because the headbutt didn't KO Mayweather ruining the fight.

2 wrongs don't make a right
        What do you mean 2 wrongs don't make a right? Only Ortiz was wrong with his blatant attempt at hurting Floyd with a headbutt. He would be banged up in prison for GBH if that took place on the street.

Floyd did NOTHING wrong.

Don't hate on Floyd for doing what every self respecting man would have done. Don't take no BS from nobody and go get yours period. You guys are just upset because Ortiz is too ******ed to function at this level and the guy was clearly over his head before, during and after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
          floyd as always...a cheating fraud...
          Citizen of a 3rd world country calling Floyd out on corruption and cheating. Like you need to talk.

Anyway.

When he fought Zab and Zab hit him low and behind the head, people (haters) were saying Floyd was a ***** for hugging Zab and not retaliating. Now, this time Floyd gets his mouth busted from a very dirty tactic, also called cheating, by Ortiz and decides to fight fire with fire, and suddenly you complain about it?

The punch was legal. There's no discussion and certainly not about cheating.

HBO, mainly Emanuel Steward, has been crying for drama and more knockouts in boxing, and when Floyd puts on a show and drills Ortiz with a combo, it doesn't count. **** the double standards.

They've been at war with Floyd for too long now. It's getting tiring and I'm sure Floyd is sick of it too.

I'll stick to Prime Time and SKY whenever I want to watch main events because HBO are simply amateurs. Switch the commentating team with something fresh. We don't need another decade with Lampley and Merchant...

Comment

Maybe its just me but I think Ortiz could have beat the count. Seems like he quit because he couldnt figure Mayweather out.

Comment

Honestly don't really see what the big thing is about, it was a legal finish, Ortiz is an idiot for not paying attention and Floyd rightly finished it as soon as he could exploit it.

Yea it's bad 'sportsmanship' to hit your opponent that isn't looking your direction (wait... what ?), what if Floyd didn't exploit the opening ?, he'd be a fool not too, finish it or let the fight go on and risk taking more punches.

Basics, keep your eyes on your ****ing opponent.

Also this is nothing like what happened with James Butler or let's say Molinares - Starling which were both genuinely illegal.
              Last edited by NChristo; 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Don't forget that Ortiz did the exact same thing to Berto.

When Berto tried to touch gloves with Ortiz, Ortiz fired a left hook at Berto.

Double standards, I tell ya....

Comment

there was nothing wrong with what floyd did people are saying he should have stoped in the middle of the fight and hugged ortiz really

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    coulda shoulda woulda...... I bet Mayweather would outbox the klitschkos aswell if they were in the same weight class.

Why should he give him props? he sucker punched his opponent and got a KO...
                    suck punched? you say tomato, I say toMATOE...If the ref said it was legal, it's legal...case closed.

At this point on, you and Donaire are just injecting your opinion that are not fact. Cortez gave the hand signal and Floyd KO him after the umpteen HUG from a CHEATING OrTREES

Comment

Originally posted by » HE3R0 « View Post
                      Which is what made Floyd's actions weirder.

If Donaire were in Floyd's position, we'd expect him to get mad and brutally embarrass his opponent for the rest of the fight and possibly KO him. Floyd and Donaire are both skilled enough to do that to almost anyone.

I think that's what a lot of us were expecting from Floyd as well. That Floyd was going to go up a gear and really kick Victor's ass even worse for the next few rounds.

A lot of people probably feel that Floyd's actions cheapened his victory because up to that point, he fought the fight in such a high class, but he didn't finish it in the same level of class.
                      And that, in a nutshell, is how your average viewer will see the ending of this fight.
                      Shame too, because Floyd would have most likely whooped ortiz worse over the next few rounds and really made a point of things.
                      If that would have happened, people would have talked about the awakening of the Floyd of old...who got slightly emotional and whooped his opponents ass for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X