No announcement yet.

Time for some of you to watch the replay joe cortez had restarted the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for some of you to watch the replay joe cortez had restarted the fight

after the head but joe pulled them apart took away the point moved ortiz to the separate corner told him not to do that again then looked over to Floyd in the other corner and clearly said "lets go" and motioned for them to to re engage. He looks over to the time keep and asked did the bell ring? because he knew there was little time left in the round. The fact that Victor ortiz tried to apologize for a third time is on him Mayweather had his hands up and was still clearly upset over what happened Victor Ortiz just learned you can't try to make a boxing match into a street fight then try and take it back.

Cortez did his job. Floyd could've played it classier by cooling off then opening up on Vic. Sooner or later that KO was coming. Floyd was ahead on the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
      after the head but joe pulled them apart took away the point moved ortiz to the separate corner told him not to do that again then looked over to Floyd in the other corner and clearly said "lets go" and motioned for them to to re engage. He looks over to the time keep and asked did the bell ring? because he knew there was little time left in the round. The fact that Victor ortiz tried to apologize for a third time is on him Mayweather had his hands up and was still clearly upset over what happened Victor Ortiz just learned you can't try to make a boxing match into a street fight then try and take it back.
      The Time was never officially in, infact, how much time was left in the round? The clock NEVER MOVED, floyd shouldve been in his neutral corner, until Cortez called time-in with the commision.

You know when he called time-in with the official? When Floyd was 2 feet away from him dropping Ortiz.

How can it be legal KO if the Official clock was never called in? wasnt there a few seconds left in the round? Didnt they hug for a few seconds?

THIS is why you dont have Joe Cortez work fights, you can literally sucker punch dudes right infront of Cortez and he will just look at you.

Comment

I agree I really did not like the way the fight ended. But This was not on cortez he moved them to opposite corners took the point then CLEARLY said lets go and did the hand motion with his hands for them to re engage. Once the ref makes that motion the two fighters are on their own as far as what they decide to do. wish vic didn't headbut and i wish floyd would have only thrown that first punch. i was looking forward to seeing the whole fight

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
          The Time was never officially in, infact, how much time was left in the round? The clock NEVER MOVED, floyd shouldve been in his neutral corner, until Cortez called time-in with the commision.

You know when he called time-in with the official? When Floyd was 2 feet away from him dropping Ortiz.

How can it be legal KO if the Official clock was never called in? wasnt there a few seconds left in the round? Didnt they hug for a few seconds?

THIS is why you dont have Joe Cortez work fights, you can literally sucker punch dudes right infront of Cortez and he will just look at you.
          I just watched the ending sequence again he told the fighters to re engage but never called time in but he did clearly tell the fighters to start fighting again. So the instruction given to Floyd and Victor were to start fighting he actually asked the time keeper had the bell ring as if he assumed once he said lets go to the fighters the time keeper automatically restarted the fight. he never said time in he just asked the time keeper "did the bell ring?" as if the clock restarted on his "lets go" call.

It looks like he did mess up by not officially saying time in but he clearly gave instruction to the two fighters to start fighting again.

Comment

To restart the fight you need to restart the clock

to re start the clock you need both guys in neutral sides, after he says time in then he tells the fighters to fight again

it should be a no contest

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post

to re start the clock you need both guys in neutral sides, after he says time in then he tells the fighters to fight again

Exactly, this is Officiating 101:

Both Fighters in opposite corners, only when u call time-in do u tell the fighters to fight on, and u dont turn your back to them to talk to the time-keeper.

Joe Cortez got his starring roll again, sad thing is that Kenny Bayless, Tony Weeks and Vic Drac, Jeff Nady were all in the house doing undercards, yet this moron does the Main Event? This WOULD NEVER happened with the other ref's. Because they have control

Comment

After the headbutt Ortiz hugged and kissed Floyd on the cheek. He said sorry to Floyd and the ref so why did he feel the need to touch gloves/hug AGAIN? When he tried to touch gloves for the last time, Floyd had his hands up then waited a sec then unloaded. Ortiz should've been more aware, protect yourself at all times. It's the most basic principle to boxing a fighter should know!! Saying that Cortez should be forced in to retirement, he's finished.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post

Here is the problem is there a standardize way a ref has to call the fight back in?

I know a lot of you have watched hundreds of boxing matches just like myself and I hear some refs after a break yell "box" some say "time in" joe Cortez says "lets go" but he, just like all over refs makes the universal hand gesture that means re engage (hands far apart with palms open then bring them together) I assume they use the hand gesture because not all refs are bi lingual and will call the fight back in using more than one language.

so if in the rules is it the words time in that you have to say? are the time keepers supposed to be watching for the hand gesture? because i know in every fight i have watched not every ref has blatantly looked over and said time in a lot just motion for the fighters to re engage.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    Exactly, this is Officiating 101:

Both Fighters in opposite corners, only when u call time-in do u tell the fighters to fight on, and u dont turn your back to them to talk to the time-keeper.

Joe Cortez got his starring roll again, sad thing is that Kenny Bayless, Tony Weeks and Vic Drac, Jeff Nady were all in the house doing undercards, yet this moron does the Main Event? This WOULD NEVER happened with the other ref's. Because they have control
                    Man even though i don't think Joe cortez is totally to blame for this i would have sooooo rather seen Kenny Bayless as the ref he is my favorite always attentive and on top of EVERYTHING!

Comment

Working...
                    X