No announcement yet.

Cortez said "LET'S GO!" then they touched gloves then Floyd smacked him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortez said "LET'S GO!" then they touched gloves then Floyd smacked him

Go back and watch the replay; I did. And you could hear it loud and clear that Cortez said "Let's go" then backed away then they embraced, then mental midget Ortiz lost his focus in what he thought was a Shane Mosley lovefest and Floyd took out his anger on Ortiz's face for headbutting him.

Bottom line, end of story.

Was it nice? NO! Would Manny have done that? NO!

But it's what makes Floyd Mayweather the assassin he is regardless of what his haters and detractors have to say.

I'm a Mayweather fan and respect his all-time great skillset, but it was a little dirty and you could see the look on all of his team's faces afterwards that they werent particularly excited about the ending. 50 Cent and Ellerby looked concerned.

I also thought Floyd wasn't as sharp as he's been in the past and I thought he looked a little rusty and a little older, and I think my opinion of him easily beating Manny has been somewhat changed. I'd still bet on Floyd, but I wouldnt bet too much after what I saw tonight. If I were Al Haymon, I'd recommend Floyd fight Khan then Manny. Floyd needs more activity or I can see his "O" going bye-bye in the near future.

Classic fight though...and one people will be talking about for years to come.

MAYWEATHER = GREATEST VILLIAN IN BOXING HISTORY. LOL...

All these arguments are stupid

He did not instruct the fighters to box or the timekeeper run the clock. It was an illegal punch.

He called time. Before the fight can continue he has to call time in, and instruct the fighters to continue with fight, box etc

For anyone to simply interpret "let's go" as box is just being stupid.

Let's go as he said it would mean quit all the hugging etc and get ready to fight. Just as you'd tell a fighter recovering from a low blow, a fighter getting mouthpiece cleaned, hand rewrapped, etc to let's go. Don'tbelieve me I could make or link a compilation of clips

It's the responsibility of the Ref protect fighters. Cortez should never have counted pure and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by PEANUT LIKACHU
      he was faking a hug and ortiz fell for it and then he wacked him. that is backstabbing
      Yes, it was disgustingly bad sportsmanship by Floyd "James Butler" Mayweather.

Comment

Not only did he say "let's go" but he also waved them in.

Calling Floyd a cheater is dumb. The two punches were legal. Ortiz assaulted with his head, which is illegal, and Floyd let his fists do the talking. Cheating? No way! Bad sportsmanship? Maybe - it depends.

Comment

I just got back. The entire bar was yelling cheater. You shouldnt hit right after the break, ive seen boxers penalized for that, floyd included. Cortez shouldve made them go back to each others corner, he ****d up. Ortiz shouldnt have headbutted, but that was still some ****** ass **** by floyd. asterics will cover what i said, but guess what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
            Not only did he say "let's go" but he also waved them in.

Calling Floyd a cheater is dumb. The two punches were legal. Ortiz assaulted with his head, which is illegal, and Floyd let his fists do the talking. Cheating? No way! Bad sportsmanship? Maybe - it depends.

Since when did "lets go" become the verbage for fighters to engage after a break in the action?

Since when does a ref look away from the combatants as they are supposed to engage?

Comment

What if Ortiz would have punched Mayweather out of the embrace and knocked Floyd out? People would have applauded his shrewdness and aggression and people would have **** all over Mayweather.

Ortiz had already left his feet in order to hit Mayweather out of frustration. What would have stopped him from hitting Mayweather out of an embrace?

Mayweather is the smarter and more experienced boxer and Ortiz was looking for an out, imo. After the first left hook, Ortiz was still looking at the ref when he should have been fighting...Mosley did the same ****. Screw that...touch gloves then fight...

Comment

it went like this

cortez: "okay u guys just hug... fight!!!!, wait let me tell the timer to start,BOOOM! ohhhh wait let me count, 5 6...10!"

Comment

ortiz got knocked out. get over it *******s. cant wait till that fool retires so you ******s would leave this site

Comment

Originally posted by jimboinbigd View Post
                    What if Ortiz would have punched Mayweather out of the embrace and knocked Floyd out? People would have applauded his shrewdness and aggression and people would have **** all over Mayweather.

Ortiz had already left his feet in order to hit Mayweather out of frustration. What would have stopped him from hitting Mayweather out of an embrace?

Mayweather is the smarter and more experienced boxer and Ortiz was looking for an out, imo. After the first left hook, Ortiz was still looking at the ref when he should have been fighting...Mosley did the same ****. Screw that...touch gloves then fight...
                    ****in a man. Green.

Doesnt matter to the ****ing haters on this board.no matter what floyd is wrong. Headbutts are ok now apparently.

****, anything is ok as long as floyd doesnt do it, or floyd wins.

I really hate this forum sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X