No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Ortiz Official Round by Round Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Everywhere View Post
    Floyd wins by large margin: Ortiz was overrated bum cherry pick.
    Floyd wins by close decision: Floyd is cheater, ref is paid off, Ortiz was paid off.
    Floyd wins by KO: Floyd is cheater, fight was fixed, Ortiz is overrated quitter

Some of you are so predictable lol.
    its so sad. Im pretty sure when Floyd beats Pac , some of them will literally kill themselves.

Comment

• Why was Bayliss on the undercard and Cortez the hack officiating the main event?

Comment

• Originally posted by turkas View Post
        Just because someone fouls you doesn't mean you get to foul them TWICE back. Any ref besides Cortez calls that a DQ, I'm sorry. I knew Ortiz would lose, just not like that.
        Larry Merchant: "He took some of Ortiz's good shots. For once, we can all say.. He was as exciting in the ring, as he was outside of the ring."

Jim Lampley: "Harold Lederman, I'm sitting here saying that was legal, but I'm not the final authority, your call on that?"

Harold Lederman: "Well Jim, I gotta tell ya, to me it looked like Joe Cortez called time in, and then Floyd jumped on him, and knocked him out. It's protect yourself at all times, it was legal."

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
          Anybody who thinks there was a fix is a delusional crackpot......
          not even, cortez was a key part in this **** job, he lost control of the fight as well as didn't make sure or set things straight, he turned away and had a senior moment? i guess is what he will use as a defense....... this has shady **** written all over it.... i was in a room full of people who said the same thing, even floyd fans.....

floyd fans said **** about it being shady because they felt ripped off and cheated, same with everyone else.............

a rematch? with a rematch clause? aka easy money? dupe the people again, fleece them of their hard earned money again? yeah, there is the underbelly of fix here buddy, too much money involved for their not to be.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
            not gonna lie though, when cortez stopped the fight to deduct a point to ortiz i said to my cousin "if ortiz tried to touch gloves, he's gonna get sucker punched"
            "Sucker Punched"?. If the ref says "Lets Go" then you fight.

Comment

• Lame ass haters are still going at it?

Ref said let's go and asked the time keeper he was ready. Ortiz apologized one too many times. It's funny as hell how people overlook his repeated head butts throughout the fight but will only remember the 1-2 combo that laid his ass out.

Ortiz and his camp complained about dirty antics all through 24/7 and then turn around and use them themselves. The irony in that. Clean punches but some people will never give credit when it's due.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
                Did Cortez tell them to "box"?
                Nope. He motioned for them to leave their corners, muttering 'Lets go'.

Seconds later as they get to the middle, he looks to the time keeper and says Ya'll ready?

Before he can even turn to the boxers to tell them to box, Floyd punches Ortiz.

The shady thing is, Cortez is trying to claim that he DID start the time originally. Doesn't really make sense though, considered he was asking the time keepers if they were ready, as if he was about to start the time.

Honestly, I think Cortez just ****ed up REALLY badly, and doesn't want to admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  Floyd did nothing wrong, and he was whipping Ortiz anyway, it's not like the outcome would have changed, Ortiz was going to give it up anyway. Also what happened to Floyd "running" all around the ring...??? Didn't see that did we??
                  He ****ing STALKED DOWN that mother****er, and Ortiz got scurred and started with the skull-crushing, Ortiz is a *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    neither did mosley when he was hit by floyd when "talking".

Serious question though. Do you feel floyd was in the wrong here? Not from a technical rule standpoint, but from a sportsmanship/moral perspective.
                    They are programed to punch , thats why so many fighters get hit while down , ref says fight and you stand there with you hands down you gunna get cracked , you could see Floyd was about to fight and Ortiz wants to say sorry Floyd acknowledged it and pushed him off and walked forward and let them go , thats what he is trained to do , look at the dam head butt that started the whole sequence , he was throwing the head from the first round and he lined this one up , it was a blatant bad intention foul , what if he had of spit his eye wide open ,,, fuk me I cant believe the **** the haters spin in here , Floyd boxed brilliant was breaking him down and Ortiz was starting to unravel at the seam ,hence the butt through frustration , Floyd was physically very very strong , when they fight Pac will be no problem and will be stopped .

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                      The ref said "lets go" at 3:22. Anybody *****in at Floyd is simply a hater.

Case closed, he DOES tell'em to fight but Ortiz rather wants to hug Floyd and pays for it..

Comment

Working...
                      X