Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd fights more "leftovers" than Manny does.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Cotto is floyds current leftovers. The leftovers of Margarito and Pac. A double helping of peoples leftovers.

When Pac fought Cotto, they said Cotto was margaritos leftovers. Now Cotto moves up to 154 he is suddenly reborn we are led to believe.

So all this time people were saying Cotto would never be the same after the beating Margarito gave him, we were wrong all along. All it needed was him to move to 154 and all of a sudden the clock would be rewound and Cotto would go back to zero on the wear and tear clock. All talk of plaster would be erased from peoples memories?
    Yeah that's how boxing is. Anyway his rejuvenation has to do with him having a real trainer as well, that helped.

Comment

Yes Floyd is the leftover king. He fights guys with 10 losses on their CVS. But as long as they won their last fight, they are potential opponents for Floyd.
      Sine your throwing in 10 loss fighters, obviously a shot at Floyd fighting Carlos Baldomir, who had 9 losses actually. Pac fought Hector Velazquez in 2005, who was 42-10-2 when they fought, so yeah.

Your hatred towards Floyd most likely stems from the fact that Floyd KO'd Hatton when he was #8 P4P, unbeaten, prime, coming off good wins over Tszyu, Urango, and Collazo (No, Castillo at that point wasn't a good win man). It's okay, just admit it. It's the first step to recovery man.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
        Yeah that's how boxing is. Anyway his rejuvenation has to do with him having a real trainer as well, that helped.
        People who use the term leftovers and shot, usually are bulls**t boxing fans, that usually don't know a thing.

Was Hearns leftovers after Ray beat him??? Was Duran leftovers because he lost to Jesus early on??? Was Frazier leftovers after Foreman beat him??? Was Patterson leftovers after Liston beat him??? Was Oscar leftovers after Trinidad beat him??? It goes on and on and on.

And shot is so over used by people, especially on NSB. Wright in shot, Marg is shot, Castillo is shot, Mosley is shot.......Miguel Cotto is NOT "shot". Cotto is past his prime-still good, has been since he lost to Marg in 2008. He will never be the same prime guy he was from 2003-2008, but he's still good. And Floyd gets his due for beating him, the same way Pac got his props for beating Ricky Hatton. Manny gets more props because he beat Cotto first, but Floyd still gets his due.

And Cotto beat some unbeaten guys that were pretty good.....Malignaggi, Quintana, Torres, and Maussa most notably. But, Floyd beating Hatton and Corrales when he did is better than those unbeatens man.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
          i really don't understand this left over bull****. do you not want these guys competing against the best? so what the **** are you complaining about? some of you suck alot.

Blame Floyd, he came up with that nonsense, and all the riders on here ate that up.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            People who use the term leftovers and shot, usually are bulls**t boxing fans, that usually don't know a thing.
            So what does that make Floyd, who coined the term in boxing?

It is stupid enough that Floyd comes out with the pathetic throw away lines but the idiots who put credence into these trash statements really don't have a clue.

Comment

Sine your throwing in 10 loss fighters, obviously a shot at Floyd fighting Carlos Baldomir, who had 9 losses actually. Pac fought Hector Velazquez in 2005, who was 42-10-2 when they fought, so yeah.

Your hatred towards Floyd most likely stems from the fact that Floyd KO'd Hatton when he was #8 P4P, unbeaten, prime, coming off good wins over Tszyu, Urango, and Collazo (No, Castillo at that point wasn't a good win man). It's okay, just admit it. It's the first step to recovery man.
              The thing is FLoyd beat a guy with 9 losses when Floyd was supposedly the best boxer in the world and i suppose he wanted to get credit for beating Baldy who wa 9 peoples leftovers. If that is the case u just dont go on about Pac beating someone after Floyd beat them, unless you are asking for trouble.
              If Pac was beating guys with 9 losses while he was p4p no1 *****s would go ape. Pacs fighting Bradley and he just made the grade for good enough opponent for Pac.
              THe reality is it hard to find worthy challengers to Pac, but at least Pac fights, unlike Floyd. Nearly every opponent Floyd fought was someones leftovers, and if u took them away, Floyd wouldnt have a career to speak of. People go on about how good genaro hernandez was as a win for Floyd, yet he was DLHs leftovers. Just behave yourselves and dont copy what Floyd says.

I dont care that Floyd beat hatton, just didnt like how Floyd ran to the ref for help b4 the fight asking for protection. And i dont like how FLoyd says Pac fought his leftovers, just taking a cheap shot cos Pac beat DLH and Hatton better than he ever could or would.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 02-13-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Was Hearns leftovers after Ray beat him??? Was Duran leftovers because he lost to Jesus early on??? Was Frazier leftovers after Foreman beat him??? Was Patterson leftovers after Liston beat him??? Was Oscar leftovers after Trinidad beat him??? It goes on and on and on.

And shot is so over used by people, especially on NSB. Wright in shot, Marg is shot, Castillo is shot, Mosley is shot.......Miguel Cotto is NOT "shot". Cotto is past his prime-still good, has been since he lost to Marg in 2008. He will never be the same prime guy he was from 2003-2008, but he's still good. And Floyd gets his due for beating him, the same way Pac got his props for beating Ricky Hatton. Manny gets more props because he beat Cotto first, but Floyd still gets his due.

And Cotto beat some unbeaten guys that were pretty good.....Malignaggi, Quintana, Torres, and Maussa most notably. But, Floyd beating Hatton and Corrales when he did is better than those unbeatens man.

Good post. I is really a shame the way alot people think on here. you hit right on the nail. There is only a very few instance when the term washed can be used like Roy for example.

Comment

The thing is FLoyd beat a guy with 9 losses when Floyd was supposedly the best boxer in the world and i suppose he wanted to get credit for beating Baldy who wa 9 peoples leftovers. If that is the case u just dont go on about Pac beating someone after Floyd beat them, unless you are asking for trouble.
                  If Pac was beating guys with 9 losses while he was p4p no1 *****s would go ape. Pacs fighting Bradley and he just made the grade for good enough opponent for Pac.
                  THe reality is it hard to find worthy challengers to Pac, but at least Pac fights, unlike Floyd. Nearly every opponent Floyd fought was someones leftovers, and if u took them away, Floyd wouldnt have a career to speak of. People go on about how good genaro hernandez was as a win for Floyd, yet he was DLHs leftovers. Just behave yourselves and dont copy what Floyd says.

I dont care that Floyd beat hatton, just didnt like how Floyd ran to the ref for help b4 the fight asking for protection. And i dont like how FLoyd says Pac fought his leftovers, just taking a cheap shot cos Pac beat DLH and Hatton better than he ever could or would.
                  Your post is just absolutely false, it's crazy. If you look back, opponent for opponent, Floyd fought more guys coming off good wins than Manny did. Both have good resumes, but Manny did fight more guys who looked suspect prior than Floyd did, I don't feel the need to go through the entire resumes with you at this point. And when Manny fought Velazquez, it was in 2005, when Manny was one of the Top 10 P4P as well man.

And I do dislike Floyd's bias fans that lept on to the leftovers thing, because I never did. I am about as unbias a Floyd fan as there is out there, but you sir....are probably one of the most bias Floyd haters I have seen. Almost anything you post is negative toward Floyd and it just gets old, day after day after day.

If Genaro Hernandez was De La Hoya's leftovers, than lets go down the line of a lot of great fighters.

Duran was Jesus' leftovers.......Frazier was Foreman's leftovers......Patterson was Liston's leftovers......Hearns was Leonard's leftovers.....Oscar was Tito's leftovers.....Mosley was Forrest's leftovers.....Pacquiao is Morales' leftovers.....Holyfield was Bowe's leftovers.....

To give Floyd no credit for beating G. Hernandez, Manfredy, Gerena, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, N'dou, Judah, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, and Ortiz, is something only bias and moronic haters do. There's no other way around it. If you knock Floyd's wins, then it's like the Manny haters knocking the Morales, Marquez, Hatton, Cotto, Velazquez wins , or any of his wins.

By the way, this is the first time Manny has fought a prime opponent since Jorge Solis. It's also his best opponent selection since Marquez in 08', and his first actual legit opponent since Cotto in 09'. How you guys defend him fighting Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and even Marquez when he did, is just beyond me.

The bias s**t on NSB is just getting old.

By the way, how long have you been watching boxing and how many Floyd or Manny fights have you actually watched, and name them????? Just curious.
                  Last edited by 4Corners; 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    So what does that make Floyd, who coined the term in boxing?

It is stupid enough that Floyd comes out with the pathetic throw away lines but the idiots who put credence into these trash statements really don't have a clue.
                    Yes, Floyd said leftovers a few times, but some people ran with it, when in reality.....it was Floyd talking s**t. Floyd always talks s**t. The leftovers thing, I put NOTHING into that. It was Floyd talking s**t.

But, whats funny is we have Floyd haters now claiming it's wrong to fight "leftovers", and Manny haters saying it's okay to.

Comment

By the way, this is the first time Manny has fought a prime opponent since Jorge Solis. It's also his best opponent selection since Marquez in 08', and his first actual legit opponent since Cotto in 09'. How you guys defend him fighting Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, and even Marquez when he did, is just beyond me.

The bias s**t on NSB is just getting old.

Dont give me this first time he fought a prime opponent business as you dont bring whether Pac is prime in the equation do you, to the point it isnt even relevant? Does Floyd make a habit of fighting people in their primes, and if they are in their primes are they any good anyway.?

Whats wrong with fighting the likes of Clottey a WW. These were the guys of the division at the time. Pac is a fighter, thats what he does, he has to make a living. Who else should he have fought then when trying to build a WW resume?
                      Whats wrong with fighting Margarito and SSM to keep him busy? Pacs not boasting and saying if i beat Marge and SSM i should get massive credit for beating them. He wants to fight and keep busy.

Comment

Working...
                      X