No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Mayweather Leads Plus/Minus Ratings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horvo View Post
    PBF's numbers are amazing and exemplify his level of talent, but it is a little funny that when I mention that PAC hasn't been outpunched for 67 straight rounds people say compubox sucks.
    Either way you want to look at it. Floyd has always had high connect percentages in his fights.

Comment

So Mayweather's connect % dwarfs Victor Ortiz's.... Who's surprised? Raise ur hand

Comment

It's hard to believe that David Haye went from being rated at number two behind Floyd in last year's ratings to now being out of the list.

Comment

This statistic is a little misleading esp. for Maywether who doesn't let his hands go as often as others on the list & focuses on making opponents miss.. It's a quality statistic but doesn't tell the whole tale of the tape. Vitali Klitschko is the best big on that list but throws punches in bunches & therefore his connect rate might be slightly less thatn Floyd's.. same thing wth Paquiao.. The more you throw... the more you risk return fire. Floyd doesn't throw nearly as much. The fighters who concentrate on defense & throw less leather will always have the high discrepancy.. esp for Floyd who is very precise about the way he boxes. Vitali Klitschko has the highest connects sans % vs the connects on him in heavyweight history & i'd venture to say it's a higher discrepancy than even Floyd's because of the sheer volume of shots he throws & how much his opponent lands for everyone they take... Floyd has the better accuracy on offense & dfense but Vitali has the better ratio of overall punches landed & how many his opponents land.

Comment

How does Froch getting hit at a higher percentage rate then he hits his opponents garner him a +3? I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
            X