No announcement yet.

"If he didn't run out of gas he would have won"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If he didn't run out of gas he would have won"

Why do I keep hearing this, especially for fighters like Judah.

They run out of gas because they expend more energy earlier in fights than their opponents therefore their opponents are smarter and preserve theirs throughout the fight.

I could be winning a marathon after 100 metres because I sprinted it while the real marathon runners would be preserving their energy for the long hall.

I hear that with Mayweather-Judah, like Mayweather's body punching had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Totally depends on the circumstances, in some cases it could be a true statement, other times it isn't.

For example if Hopkins didn't run out of gas against calzaghe in the late rounds due to him being old, he probably would have won on the judges scorecards.

Judah always fades late even in his prime so you're right about him.

Comment

Judah didn't "FADE" Mayweather figured him out

it was a Body Shot, I don't remember what round...that changed that fight completely and Judah started to back up and was scared to open up after he felt that shot
        Last edited by sicko; 09-16-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

The thing is people never give credit to the other guy, like he wasn't the reason that he made the man run out of gas... Body shots/....

Comment

Most times that statement is used to not give a fighter the credit he deserves. Sometimes its true that a fighter gassed but more times than not the other fighter is the reason that fighter gassed.

Comment

There are fighters that fade & fighters that remain strong through 12 rounds period. Judah fades, Cotto fades, Collazo fades, JT faded, Alexander fades. Fighters start quick & run out of steam.

Then there are fighters that turn it up & have amazing stamina. I believe it are the fighters that have amazing stamina like Pacman & Floyd that win fights due to that. There is nothing wrong with that. Why complain? Floyd gets stronger, Manny gets stronger, Bradley gets stronger, Bam Bam gets stronger,that's how it is. I thought margarito got stroneger,(but he had a little help).

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Why do I keep hearing this, especially for fighters like Judah.

They run out of gas because they expend more energy earlier in fights than their opponents therefore their opponents are smarter and preserve theirs throughout the fight.

I could be winning a marathon after 100 metres because I sprinted it while the real marathon runners would be preserving their energy for the long hall.
                What people forget is that boxing is a 12 round sport so if you cant fight for 12 rounds you are an inferior fighter.One other reason why people cant fight on the stretch is the shots they will be getting through the fight

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Totally depends on the circumstances, in some cases it could be a true statement, other times it isn't.

For example if Hopkins didn't run out of gas against calzaghe in the late rounds due to him being old, he probably would have won on the judges scorecards.

Judah always fades late even in his prime so you're right about him.
                  Calzaghe was the only fighter to make Hopkins look his age. Pascal couldn't do it, I think Dawson would be a problem to a Hopkins of any age tho. I think Dawson beats Hopkins, but Dawson has to fight smart even if its not crowd pleasing to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                    What people forget is that boxing is a 12 round sport so if you cant fight for 12 rounds you are an inferior fighter.One other reason why people cant fight on the stretch is the shots they will be getting through the fight
                    Exactly stamina & endurance are maybe the most important aspect of any high intensity sport. Golf need not apply. Even if conditioning is the reason why Judah loss, that takes nothing away from the winnner who was clearly better conditioned. Tito Trinidad wasn't the most skilled fighter, but his stamina & power more than made up for what he lacked technically.

Comment

Working...
                    X