Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant gloves to be used for the Mayweather-Ortiz fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
    um Grants are referred to as "pillows" all the time. Steve Kim might be a d1ck but he is hardly the 1st to make this observation.

it's more likely that this is the first internet messageboard losers have heard the term and so they are upset by this.
    they're called pillows all the time like our classic gloves are called sponges from time to time

the reason I have been told they're called pillows is this. They have different layers of different foam in the hand area to protect the hands. This gives the fighter great protection but minimize impact. The grants tend to break down during a fight giving an almost pillow like effect when hitting.

Vic has worn Reyes almost his whole career like Mosley split time between Everlast and Reyes.

Comment

Everyone knows floyd has the brittle bones of a senior citizen woman and isn't man enough to wear Reyes gloves like a man.

Joe Cortez is another bs advantage. GBP are clearly corrupt when it comes to refs.

And if Ortiz goes into the ring first and Floyd gets to make him wait thats another bs advantage.

Fraud is scared to fight Ortiz with Reyes gloves, a non-bias ref and going into the ring first.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Everyone knows floyd has the brittle bones of a senior citizen woman and isn't man enough to wear Reyes gloves like a man.

Joe Cortez is another bs advantage. GBP are clearly corrupt when it comes to refs.

And if Ortiz goes into the ring first and Floyd gets to make him wait thats another bs advantage.

Fraud is scared to fight Ortiz with Reyes gloves, a non-bias ref and going into the ring first.
        Best post in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          they're called pillows all the time like our classic gloves are called sponges from time to time

the reason I have been told they're called pillows is this. They have different layers of different foam in the hand area to protect the hands. This gives the fighter great protection but minimize impact. The grants tend to break down during a fight giving an almost pillow like effect when hitting.

Vic has worn Reyes almost his whole career like Mosley split time between Everlast and Reyes.
          Hey Eaner, can you talk a bit more on what you meant by the Grants breaking down during a fight?

The different quirks and benefits of certain gloves are always interesting.

Comment

I dont ever seeing Mayweather wearing Reyes fight night, why would he now???

he wore Winning gloves against judah who used Everlast

Grants are not pillows

Comment

imagine if erik morales vs. maidana wore Reyes instead of Winnings ! =O

Comment

Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
                I dont ever seeing Mayweather wearing Reyes fight night, why would he now???

he wore Winning gloves against judah who used Everlast

Grants are not pillows
                He wore Reyes when he fought De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
                  He wore Reyes when he fought De La Hoya.
                  Oscar tilted all odds in his favor for that fight and Floyd still beat his ass.

Comment

depends on the glove's oz they are allowed. What glove weights more? a 12 oz Grant or a 12 oz Reyes??

Comment

word de la hoya had his way in them negotiations, i forgot..

i really believe they wanted reyes more so for what could happen to floyd against carlos hernandez than being a punchers glove for the bigger puncher

Comment

Working...
                      X