No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr In "The Great Escape: Part II"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
    Why should Floyd talk about, or even announce his next fight ahead of his current fight?

It's just Arum's bad habit, and very disrespectful at that.

Also unlike Pac, Floyd is his own promoter. So he's the one evaluating his options. From what I've seen, Pac is not the only option (albeit everyone would prefer to see that fight), Khan and Canelo might be lucrative enough as well. I'm sure if Floyd beats Ortiz on Saturday, there's gonna be a lot of options for him to consider. There is just 1 Floyd and there is just 1 Pac, and the line is long for both.
    u dont get the point dont ya? floyd said he will fight manny next.. now this?

Comment

Originally posted by carts View Post
      u dont get the point dont ya? floyd said he will fight manny next.. now this?
      Floyd: Pacquiao you're next, if you take the test!
      Pac: I don't need to fight Floyd.

You have to admit Team Pac hasn't been very forthcoming about the Floyd fight either.

Comment

You have to admit Team Pac hasn't been very forthcoming about the Floyd fight either.
        You know what, actually I'm willing to admit that - but you must admit that mayweather's team doesn't appear that interested either.

What I'm saying is: My honest opinion is that mayweather is putting obstacles in the way and pac's team hasn't exactly done everything they possibly can to get them out of the way.

Comment

If you read the article carefully Floyd insinuated that they still have to negotiate profit sharing.If Pacquiao agrees to testing they still have to negotiate on the money,Floyd is not gonna sell himself short.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
            You know what, actually I'm willing to admit that - but you must admit that mayweather's team doesn't appear that interested either.
            Not a huge surprise, financially it makes a lot of sense.

Both of them can be promoted as the best boxer in the world right now. It suits them both, that's why they aren't really doing much to fight each other. Most likely they'll meet close to the ends of their carrers, which for Pac is late 2013.

Comment

Once he gets paid, he's out...

What else is new?

Comment

People are misinterpretating what Floyd is saying which is partly the fault of the writer of that article.Floyd said before pacquiao worries about fighting me he needs to get his business in order so he could do business with honest people like Al Haymon and Richard Schaefer so Pacquaio can make good money so you can sit back and 4 ,5 years still collect money.Floyd did`nt say its in that condition the fight between him and Pacquaio the fight can happen.That was the writer of the articles interpertation.Floyd was basically telling Pacquiao to stop letting people rip you off.

What Floyd is also saying is that he has to negotiate with Pacquiao and come to an agreement before the fight is made.Floyd still does`nt know if Pacquiao really agreed to the test and they still have to agree on profit sharing.So Floyd is being realistic and don`t want to make anymore promises.
                Last edited by Imhotep; 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imhotep View Post
                  People are misinterpretating what Floyd is saying which is partly the fault of the writer of that article.Floyd said before pacquiao worries about fighting me he needs to get his business in order so he could do business with honest people like Al Haymon and Richard Schaefer so Pacquaio can make good money so you can sit back and 4 ,5 years still collect money.Floyd did`nt say its in that condition the fight between him and Pacquaio the fight can happen.That was the writer of the articles interpertation.Floyd was basically telling Pacquiao to stop letting people rip you off.

What Floyd is saying is that he has to negotiate with Pacquiao and come to an agreement before the fight is made.Floyd still does`nt know if Pacquiao really agreed to the test and they still have to agree on profit sharing.So Floyd is being realistic and don`t want to make anymore promises.
                  I think you interpreted it just how everyone else interpreted it.

Mayweather will not fight pacquiao until pacquiao gets his finances in order.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this has to happen in order for them to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                    I think you interpreted it just how everyone else interpreted it.

Mayweather will not fight pacquiao until pacquiao gets his finances in order.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this has to happen in order for them to fight?

What i was saying is Floyd did not say Pacquiao has to have his finances in order for them to fight.That`s the writers interpretation.Go read the article again.Floyd was insinuating that Pacquiao needs to get his finances in order so he Pacqiuao himself can make more money.That`s why Floyd said:"so you can make more money on the back end and in 4,5 years you can sit back and collect money".Floyd was basically telling Pacquiao stop selling your self short and stop letting Arum and Koncs rip you off.

Also Floyd does`nt know for sure if Pacquiao really agreed to testing,Pacquaio still has to sign the contract and they still have to negotiate the money split.Floyd is being realistic,he no longer wants to make anymore promises cause theirs no guarantee that him and PAcquiao comes to an agreement on testing,money split etc.
                    Last edited by Imhotep; 09-14-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

^^^ why in the hell would floyd care about manny or how much manny can make in the next 4-5 years?

Comment

Working...
                      X