Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali proved tonight how great Lennox Lewis is.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    It's a matter of opinion. It's a big difference preparing for an undercard fight and a fight for the biggest title in sports IMO.
    On the other hand, Lewis showed up at a career high weight while Vitali was a lean 248 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      It's somewhat of a shame but I do not see the big issue. It's not like Lewis continued fighting on while claiming to be the best, he retired and never came back. If you no longer feel able to fight the best around at a regular basis, you should retire, and that's what Lewis did. Vitali took over but the injuries hindered him.
      That's true, but Lummox kept delaying his retirement and kept saying he'd give Vitali a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        On the other hand, Lewis showed up at a career high weight while Vitali was a lean 248 pounds.
        I wouldn't put that much emphasis on the weight. He's a big HW and percentagewise it was no big deal. I'm sure that if he took a dump he'd have been 250. Lummox had prepared in a tough camp in Canada (I think) for 2 months and he was ready for action.

Comment

A fat, unmotivated, and past his prime Lewis almost ripped Vitali's eye out of his socket. lol

Imagine what a prime Lewis would have done to this robot?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I wouldn't put that much emphasis on the weight. He's a big HW and percentagewise it was no big deal. I'm sure that if he took a dump he'd have been 250. Lummox had prepared in a tough camp in Canada (I think) for 2 months and he was ready for action.
            He was ready but he looked sloppier than usual I would say. Lewis actually landed at a 46% connect ratio on Vitali which is quite incredible considering how well Vitali has shut out most other opponents. Half of his power punches landed, and they were by no means pin-point accurate blows, but daring haymakers. It tells me that Vitali's defensive style does not work so well against an opponent with the height, reach and class of Lewis. However there are no heavyweights around that pose a similar threat aside from his brother and that is a fight which will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
              yep

fighting an ATG and a 4"11 polish bum aren't the same

Lewis brutalized and bloodied him...completely ruined Klitschko's face
              Easy to say but to my recollection. Vi was winning that fight when they stopped it and Lewis was tiring bad down the stretch. Take a look at the tape but I think he was about to stop Lewis in another round or so.

Comment

Vitali had his chance to finish Lennox in the 2nd round and failed.

Stop crying for a 46 year old man to come out retirement and enjoy the win over LHW Adamek.

Comment

Younger does not always mean better, especially for the the K brothers who have always been strategic fighters and who solidified their strategy in the later years

With that said, Lennox was losing on the scorecards and refused a rematch. That is a fact.

Comment

Emmanuel Burton has been the only fighter to obviously bust up Floyd Mayweather Jr[bloodied nose and I think a cut, I forgot, bloodied nose for sure]. I guess Emmanuel Burton is an ATG now. Lol.

Cuts, swelling and bruises happen. It can happen with just one punch, and it didn't have to happen before, and it doesn't have to happen afterward, to that boxer. Maidana swoled up Morales' eye with just one uppercut in the first round. It means nothing only that the fighter who got it has to protect himself next time.

Comment

Unexpirienced Vitaly kicked Lennox Lewis' gay ass. That's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X