Collapse
No announcement yet.

More pathetic victory: Floyd vs. Mosley or Holmes vs. Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concerning Floyd-Mosley there's some seriously flawed logic as far as the victory being pathetic. If I'm not mistaken Mosley was the lineal welterweight champion when Floyd fought him. He did win in amazing fashion the year before the claim the prestigue. It is not Floyd's fault that Mosley showed up shot to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
      Both Shane and Ali were 37 or 38 and way beyond shot.

Ali was at least able to throw some punches back, whereas Shane was completely unable to pull the trigger.

The one glaring difference is that Floyd considered that one of his biggest victories whereas Holmes showed class and dignity by being ashamed of his fight with Ali.

Another advantage is that Ali is an ATG whereas Mosley was never really that great to begin with.

Holmes 2 --- Floyd 0

On TS

Comment

I'd wager that half the posters in this thread have not even seen Ali-Holmes...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I'd wager that half the posters in this thread have not even seen Ali-Holmes...
          I'd wager that half the posters in this thread have never seen Floyd/Mosley and are thoroughly unfamiliar with the politics that constitute "p4p" rankings and other related chicanery.

Otherwise, they'd see the parallels I've masterfully drawn as more than clear.

Comment

I've seen every Mosley fight from 1998 on and he looked spent at the opening bell. He was done once he had Floyd hurt. Floyd is lucky because Mosley of 2009 would have finished him. Scary to think what the Prime Mosley would have done.

At least Manny completely neutralized a better conditioned Shane and only let him get off 80 punches.

For the supposed best defensive fighter Floyd looked like a hypejob vs Shane.

Pathetic that was his toughest test and it happened after 2 consecutive fights where both Hatton and JMM had a combined 1 controversial win at Welterweight. People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Ortiz could take this guy out next week cause something not right.
            Last edited by ProTrainer; 09-09-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProTrainer View Post
              I've seen every Mosley fight from 1998 on and he looked spent at the opening bell. He was done once he had Floyd hurt. Floyd is lucky because Mosley of 2009 would have finished him. Scary to think what the Prime Mosley would have done.

At least Manny completely neutralized a better conditioned Shane and only let him get off 80 punches.

Pathetic that was his toughest test and it happened after 2 consecutive fights where both Hatton and JMM had a combined 1 controversial win at Welterweight. People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Ortiz could take this guy out next week cause something not right.

I believe you are a pro trainer because you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ProTrainer View Post

Yeah because I prime Mosley would have been able to continuely sucker Floyd with his left tap to Floyd's body then coming over with the right like he was hustleing for the first two rounds until Floyd spot it in his radar and begin countering and breaking up the Fu(k out of Mosley's sneaky one two. Mosley was left resetting all night!!!!

Comment

dumbas.s troll

Shane didn't do **** against Floyd because he Floyd didn't let him do ****. Boxing 101 b1aatch

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Concerning Floyd-Mosley there's some seriously flawed logic as far as the victory being pathetic. If I'm not mistaken Mosley was the lineal welterweight champion when Floyd fought him. He did win in amazing fashion the year before the claim the prestigue. It is not Floyd's fault that Mosley showed up shot to pieces.
                    I'm not denying that their is flawed logic within the TS assumption. Nevertheless, the real champion was Pacquiao. Pac beat Cotto and Clottey (two top WW) back to back, whereas Mosley merely beat Margarito, and was off for more then a year. Pac was putting in work, whereas Mosley was sitting on his as.s waiting for a payday. Thus, I believe the real linear champion should have been Pac, as Mosley shouldn't have had the title that long after being inactive for so long. Nevertheless, it is my opinion, thus it's subjective, and open for interpretation. One can always make a strong case against my argument, and one wouldn't be flawed. Just giving my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
                      Both Shane and Ali were 37 or 38 and way beyond shot.

Ali was at least able to throw some punches back, whereas Shane was completely unable to pull the trigger.

The one glaring difference is that Floyd considered that one of his biggest victories whereas Holmes showed class and dignity by being ashamed of his fight with Ali.

Another advantage is that Ali is an ATG whereas Mosley was never really that great to begin with.

Holmes 2 --- Floyd 0
                      This.
                      Floyd's is more pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X