No announcement yet.

Didnt know boxing tickets so expensive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I saw Margarito-Williams for $50, watch PAC-Clottey for $80... so I think it's just Las Vegas tickets that are expensive.
    Those are impressive prices. Seeing live, a fighter of Pacquiao's quality for only $50 it's a steal.

Comment

why is the ticket for floyd ortiz cheaper? u would think pac vs jmm would be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lineal Champ View Post
        Pac Marquez 3 - Lowest i could find is 500
        Ortiz Mayweather - Lowest i could find 365

Man thats a pretty penny especially in this type of economy.
        Be lucky this isn't an ODH fight. $365 gets you in the last few rows by the exits.

Comment

This is why boxing in USA/Canada is dead. in Europe/UK they have weekly shows in alot of cities done by many promoters where people can go watch a fight for like $10 or $20. and tickets for the huge cards like Klitschko's start at like $30-$50 and theres ALOT of tickets for sale.

Here in Canada (Toronto), we very very very rarely have shows and when they do happen its usually complete bums and tickets are still like $30 or $50 or when we have someone like Neven (HW Champ) fighting tickets started out like $300-$1000(table). I was lucky to get a ticket for free because THE PROMOTER DIDNT SELL ANY, HE JUST GAVE THEM ALL AWAY TO FRIENDS.

While UK you could see a show every week for a few squid.

In Usa/Canada we need smarter small-time / medium promoters that actually use it to give the fans a show instead of making it a glorified business party where a bunch of corporate fux sit around 20 tables in a 5 star hotel and drink / eat a 6 course meal while there is a "boxing match" infront of them. Complete joke.

then people wonder why Boxing is going downhill. Cause promoters arent putting anything back for the people.

I should become a promoter and put on weekly fights

Comment

Originally posted by r.Gooner View Post
            Those are impressive prices. Seeing live, a fighter of Pacquiao's quality for only $50 it's a steal.
            I love the pic in your sig!!!!

Comment

I am going to the Ward vs Froch fight. IMO the tickets for the event is not really the expensive part. Its the travel price and the hotel price. I can drive to Atlantic City so I save money there. But I had to fly out vegas for PBF vs. De la Hoya and that **** cost MONEY!!!

I will say that for all the fights I have been to it was money well spent. I live my life from the standpoint of if I don't feel ripped off then **** the price!!!! Truly most people only feel bad about what they spent when they feel they didn't get they moneys worth!

I agree with the other poster if you are a boxing fan the atmosphere of a big fight is something you need to experience. It just different than all other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post

While UK you could see a show every week for a few squid.
                Not entirely true . We get reamed over here in the UK when it comes to ticket prices even for mediocre domestic cards and even the poor local cards can cost £35 + . America is better in regards to ticket prices where you can see guys like Rios , Martinez , meaningful title fights etc. from 50 dollars . My brother went to the states and saw Margarito Mosley for 20 something dollars . We still pack the house out though lol

Comment

Originally posted by reetcunt View Post
                  Not entirely true . We get reamed over here in the UK when it comes to ticket prices even for mediocre domestic cards and even the poor local cards can cost £35 + . America is better in regards to ticket prices where you can see guys like Rios , Martinez , meaningful title fights etc. from 50 dollars . My brother went to the states and saw Margarito Mosley for 20 something dollars . We still pack the house out though lol
                  How about the local Sky cards? I thought tickets were mega cheap? Like the Scottish card recently and the cards done by the smaller promoters?

That sucks if its $35 squid. Most of the Sky cards are mega boring between 2 midgets going to decision but the crowd is ALWAYS packed.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    How about the local Sky cards? I thought tickets were mega cheap? Like the Scottish card recently and the cards done by the smaller promoters?

That sucks if its $35 squid. Most of the Sky cards are mega boring between 2 midgets going to decision but the crowd is ALWAYS packed.
                    Haven't seen the latest sky card but no joke man , I love boxing but I'm not paying £35 to see willie no chin vs joe from down the street and yes sadly a lot of our domestic fighters lack power . The last fight I saw live was Burns Martinez . I payed £80 ,it was considered to be a complete mismatch but the house was packed and it turned out to be worth every penny .

Comment

Boxing is dead. They're just sucking dry the few loyal fans that are left.

Comment

Working...
                      X