Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeffries would beat Vitali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many past HWs who in my opinion have the beating of both Klits. Sullivan is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
      Tomasz Adamek would beat most of those old guys, fer crissake. The tendency to overrate what came before and to underrate what is right in front of your eyes is a sickness in current boxing circles, and I'm not talking only about the Klitschkos, but boxing in general.

Part of the problem is the old guard in the current boxing media, the Bert Sugar types who want to convince everyone that their heroes are the only ones who count. Boxing fans seem very prone to listen to this propaganda. There is nothing wrong with honoring what came before, but when you use boxing history to continually negate the present, that is a sickness.
      It's not in boxing, but in every sport in general (except in ones like track and field or swimming that have quantifiable results than can be compared over time). According to the old time fans of every sport, they are all at their weakest era ever and all the current sportsmen suck compared to the old ones, even though athletes are ever improving as quantifiable results prove, it's simply that old time fans are inmune to logic and reasoning.
      Last edited by Pirao; 09-08-2011, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
        It's not in boxing, but in every sport in general (except in ones like track and field or swimming that have quantifiable results than can be compared over time). According to the old time fans of every sport, they are all at their weakest era ever and all the current sportsmen suck compared to the all ones, even though athletes are ever improving as quantifiable results prove, it's simply that old time fans are inmune to logic and reasoning.
        That's true, but in boxing, in my opinion, it has become a sickness that is actually killing the sport, at least in America. I don't see that as much in other sports. Baseball loves its past, but you don't have media people continually denigrating the current product in favor of the past. They use the past more to promote the present. But boxing uses the past to kill the present. It makes no sense at all. Keep telling people that what is happening now isn't worth watching, and eventually they believe you and tune out.

What you end up with, paradoxically, is the spectacle of boxing "fans" celebrating the death of their favorite sport.

Of course, some of this is caused by sour grapes because America no longer rules the world in the heavyweight division. Give America a dominating champ and suddenly boxing would be OK again, I'm sure.
        Last edited by Grinderman; 09-08-2011, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
          That's true, but in boxing, in my opinion, it has become a sickness that is actually killing the sport, at least in America. I don't see that as much in other sports. Baseball loves its past, but you don't have media people continually denigrating the current product in favor of the past. They use the past more to promote the present. But boxing uses the past to kill the present. It makes no sense at all. Keep telling people that what is happening now isn't worth watching, and eventually they believe you and tune out.

What you end up with, paradoxically, is the spectacle of boxing "fans" celebrating the death of their favorite sport.

Of course, some of this is caused by sour grapes because America no longer rules the world in the heavyweight division. Give America a dominating champ and suddenly boxing would be OK again, I'm sure.
          That is true, but I think they'll get used to it overtime since there's no end in sight to the european domination in the HW division. Either that, or we'll keep hearing the HW division is dead for years to come

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
            Haha, Jack Johnson threw 4 punches a round and wrestled around the ring. Have fun clinching with guys trained in mma who outweight you by 70 lbs.

No joke I would knock jack johnson out in the first round and then probably kick his teeth in just for fun. Dude was ****. Watch his fights...theyre boring as hell, they are literally him wrestling. But hey one of these guys grandfathers told him he was great...so he must have been right?
            stop hyping yourself up you bum

you're a narcisstic turd, lol at you posing and flexing your bicep

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              That is true, but I think they'll get used to it overtime since there's no end in sight to the european domination in the HW division. Either that, or we'll keep hearing the HW division is dead for years to come
              Unless Deontay Wilder is a lot better than I think he is, I think you're correct!

Comment

btw, Jim Jeffries wouldn't do well against Klitschko from what I've seen of him before his fight vs Johnson

these guys were fighting differently in that period, Vitali would be too big and too hard to reach for Jeffries

the Klitschko fanboys and the so-called Klitschko haters are just 2 extremes as far as I'm concerned, you're equally lame if you pick a Klitschko to beat any heavyweight in history or if you pick any past champion to beat them

Comment

Oh boo hoo,somebody picked against a klitschko in a fantasy fight,its not the end of the world children,they arent unbeatable get over it you deluded nuthuggers

Its a good job you trolls stay in NSB spewing your rubbish rather than the history section-because you are ****ing idiots who truly know very little about the sport,and should probably stop acting like you do right now,too save further embarrassment

Comment

Oh look, the NSB cesspool is throwing a hissy fit!

Who could have known?
                    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                      Oh boo hoo,somebody picked against a klitschko in a fantasy fight,its not the end of the world children,they arent unbeatable get over it you deluded nuthuggers

Its a good job you trolls stay in NSB spewing your rubbish rather than the history section-because you are ****ing idiots who truly know very little about the sport,and should probably stop acting like you do right now,too save further embarrassment
                      The history forum, curated by Fat Joe Benedetti aka "JAB" and Jimmy Murphy aka POET is not really a history forum at all, but a Klitschko brothers hate-fest/circle-jerk. You name any old bum boxer, the older the better, they will pick him to annihilate the Klitschkos, because they will never have to worry about being proven wrong. They are total joke -- just look at them!

Comment

Working...
                      X