No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, Warren To Sort Out Burns-Broner Fight Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer, Warren To Sort Out Burns-Broner Fight Issue

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is already pondering alternative scenarios for undefeated super featherweight contender Adrien Broner (21-0, 17KOs). The Cincinnati native was scheduled to take part in a homecoming showdown against WBO champion Ricky Burns (39-2, 9KOs) on November 26th - but the champion's manager, Alex Morrison, is advising his boxer to turn the fight down. Morrison disclosed that his fighter is struggling to make the division limit of 130-pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

=

Comment

suddenly its an issue making the weight?? sounds like a duck move.

Comment

i just watched a show like 2 days ago where this clown was saying he wanted the biggest fights at 130. what happened in 2 days!

Comment

they were pursuing a fight with fana, a fight that burns probably could win. but now that the broner fight is made, the weight become a problem? its a full time duck move imo. what i dont get is why he would think hed get a belt in a much tougher lightweight division. it aint gonna happen.

Comment

Burns knows he'll lose to Broner, his true colors show. Burns wants to continue fighting fighters with bad backs and handicaps.

Comment

Eloy Perez would be a better fight than Burns. Luis Cruz is lanky in a way that makes him easy to hit and he does not punch compact enough (wide punches) to trouble Broner for more than a round or two. Broner would stop Cruz. Perez is a different story and would time Broner perfectly and win a lopsided decision.

Comment

Where did all the Burns fans go? Burns wants to stay in the UK fighting soft opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                  Where did all the Burns fans go? Burns wants to stay in the UK fighting soft opposition.
                  You're basically talking about 95% of British fighters.

Comment

I don't want to see Broner fight this Perez guy. I would much rather see Broner fight Luis Cruz but I doubt Bob and Cotto let that fight happen. Who knows they were going to let Cruz fight Rocky Martinez so Schaefer And Bob make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X