How is floyd gonna avoid pac's straight left all night long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    wtf you think pacquaio is , gatti?.....

floyd needs to land more than just one at a time punch to keep him off of him and with him being too cautios , i doubt he'd be able to do that alot.... floyd not having much power in his punches aint gonna make pac respect him either....
    Once Pac gets countered continuously his aggressiveness will drop. He needs to attack Floyd cautiously. Rushing in and throwing combos will not work. In this fight Manny's lack of a good jab will likely hurt him.

Comment

wtf you think pacquaio is , gatti?.....

floyd needs to land more than just one at a time punch to keep him off of him and with him being too cautios , i doubt he'd be able to do that alot.... floyd not having much power in his punches aint gonna make pac respect him either....
      Do you think Manny is gonna recklessly jumps in and get his punches off first without getting his big head counter with straight lead rights and left check hooks?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
        Once Pac gets countered continuously his aggressiveness will drop. He needs to attack Floyd cautiously. Rushing in and throwing combos will not work. In this fight Manny's lack of a good jab will likely hurt him.
        you act as if floyd a counter punches with all shots...floyd staright counter is all he uses that has decent power behind it...it's floyd that needs to thow cautiosly coz every punch pac throws it has power behind it unlike floyds..

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        Do you think Manny is gonna recklessly jumps in and get his punches off first without getting his big head counter with straight lead rights and left check hooks?
        reckelssly no......what makes you think floyd lands his right lead before pac lands his left staright when he's just as fast or maybe faster...when floyd thows the lead right , he usually gets off the range asap...and like i said , you cant keep pac off of you with just landing one at a time punches esp if it does'nt have much power behnd it...

Comment

Originally posted by vincebond View Post
          Floyd can fight on the inside all night.
          floyd will find it very difficult to do inside fighting with pac..

pac moves mostly in an in and out motion and will be circling around floyd like what he did to oscar if floyd only do a stationary approach to the fight..

i think floyd's best act will be to combine the hit and run tactic with sometimes standing his ground...to dictate the phasing of the fight and confuse pac

Comment

Loving this. Lots of good boxing analysis specially from Carpe Diem you just didn't see that Mosley only got caught when his head was over his left knee. Also, if you noticed on previous Manny fights, he has trouble fighting while walking backwards. Mosley tried to pressure Floyd and discovered that Floyd fights very well on the inside. He corrected this very fast after the Castillo 1 fight. And lets not forget his signature punch- the counter check hook. I like both fighters but this fight is tailor made for Floyd. It's like he said, there are five ways to beat Manny.

Paclan, if Mosley was washed up when he fought Floyd then why did Manny fight him afterwards. Oh, like he did with Hatton and DLH. Manny can't hit what he can't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
              Loving this. Lots of good boxing analysis specially from Carpe Diem you just didn't see that Mosley only got caught when his head was over his left knee. Also, if you noticed on previous Manny fights, he has trouble fighting while walking backwards. Mosley tried to pressure Floyd and discovered that Floyd fights very well on the inside. He corrected this very fast after the Castillo 1 fight. And lets not forget his signature punch- the counter check hook. I like both fighters but this fight is tailor made for Floyd. It's like he said, there are five ways to beat Manny.

Paclan, if Mosley was washed up when he fought Floyd then why did Manny fight him afterwards. Oh, like he did with Hatton and DLH. Manny can't hit what he can't see.
              "Manny can't hit what he can't see."

well, very nice cliche...

but really not very realistic..

floyd's previous fights indicate that his opponents did hit/touch him..

floyd at his present age could not remain invisible to pac for the whole 12 rounds..

Comment

The worst version of Mosley to step into a ring showed how lost Pac is when in with somebody with some boxing skills and a little speed no wonder they have avoided fast fighters his entire career , Floyd will take Pac to school on the inside , on the outside and anywhere in between , the skill difference is quite a bit Floyds way , Manny is very predictable and has fought only slow plodding type of fighters at the shot end of their careers coming of big loses , with no CW no PEDS no special rings or gloves just a straight up fair fight Floyd will own him .

Engrave that in stone .

Comment

you act as if floyd a counter punches with all shots...floyd staright counter is all he uses that has decent power behind it...it's floyd that needs to thow cautiosly coz every punch pac throws it has power behind it unlike floyds..

reckelssly no......what makes you think floyd lands his right lead before pac lands his left staright when he's just as fast or maybe faster...when floyd thows the lead right , he usually gets off the range asap...and like i said , you cant keep pac off of you with just landing one at a time punches esp if it does'nt have much power behnd it...
                  What makes you think Manny's timing is better than Floyd's? Either way, Floyd would have a better advantage because of his upper body movement and reach advantage. IMO, The red bold part is just a myth. Who says anything about keeping Pacquiao off?

He's a relentless fighter, and he's not gonna stop coming at you regardless if you throws combination punches. Unlike those other guys he has fought, Floyd knows his way around the ring and will potshot his way out as soon as Manny closes in the gap range.
                  Last edited by Carpe Diem; 09-05-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I am very big fan of the straight left but I really havent seen it since the Manny fights against JMM, Barrera and Morales.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      He couldn't pull the trigger for a reason, he was being countered.

You're telling me he could pull the trigger in the first two rounds, but suddenly became shot in round 3?

There's a reason he wasn't letting go... because he could no longer find the target, and when he did, he would be slipped and countered.
                      true..Pac will look for floyd all night. once he gets countered over and over his punch output will be reduced by half..the fight will be a slow fight with floyd winning most of the rounds easily ..

Comment

Working...
                      X