No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Burns Plans To Up The Pace, Make Broner Work Hard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Burns Plans To Up The Pace, Make Broner Work Hard

WBO super featherweight champion Ricky Burns (39-2, 9 KOs) has a strategy in mind for his upcoming defense against undefeated Adrien Broner (21-0, 17 KOs), which is tentative for November 26th at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati. After watching a few of Broner's recent fights, Burns noticed that he likes to fight in a Mayweather-like pace, and waits on his opponent to land hard counter punches. Burns is going to push the action and make Broner work outside of his usual pace.

[Click Here To Read More]

Okay, so why is he taking on an unbeaten hard hitter and travelling away from home to do so? Did they offer Burns a massive pay day?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
      Okay, so why is he taking on an unbeaten hard hitter and travelling away from home to do so? Did they offer Burns a massive pay day?
      £200 000 .That's over $300 000 .Roughly about 320

Comment

Burns strategy he wants to make Broner fight at a faster pace that sounds good but attacking a good counter puncher applying pressure leaves you vulnerable to counter shots Broner has a good left check hook which is his best punch and good right hand power so if Burns fights a up tempo pressure fight Broner will just pick him apart for 12 rds or KO him

Comment

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
          £200 000 .That's over $300 000 .Roughly about 320
          Taxes and paying his team takes a big chunk of that 300,000 grand away. I have Broner by KO.

Comment

Imagine the reaction of Broner's posse if Adrien actually gets his paws on a legitimate strap.

They already proclaimed him a four-time champion after the Litzau fight.

Comment

If those tactics dont work he will realise soon enough that he is being picked apart and you'd expect switch to plan B. Just what that might be is anyones guess. Im not sure what else Burns can do.

Good, brave strong fighter whos work ethic in the gym is as good as any fighter I can mention but technically I question his ability to change his gameplan so it could be that he banks on his fitness and determination getting him through this one.

Comment

Ponce had success against Broner and he's much smaller there should be a wait and see approach with this kid not buying in yet

Comment

I seriously think Ricky's days are numbered I would have personaly liked to see him in against Fana before he took on Broner but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Burns strategy he wants to make Broner fight at a faster pace that sounds good but attacking a good counter puncher applying pressure leaves you vulnerable to counter shots Broner has a good left check hook which is his best punch and good right hand power so if Burns fights a up tempo pressure fight Broner will just pick him apart for 12 rds or KO him
                    I can't see him picking Burn's apart even though i'm not really sure Burn's wins .Martinez said he didn't hydrate proparly in Scotland .If this is correct I worry for Burn's here but if not I think Burn's has a decent chance . Chin heart and is one of the purest boxers from the UK .Burn's has excellent boxing skill I can't see anybody in the div picking him apart especially if that was 100 percent Rocky Martinez that showed up that night in Scotland .
                    Last edited by alza1988; 09-05-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X