No announcement yet.

is wlad's power overated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is wlad's power overated

Wlad's power has been overrated. He hit Haye with enough clean shots to stop him and yet he didn't. Haye was never hurt in the fight and yet people were saying it could be over when Wlad lands a jab.

Good power, very good technique but Wlad is no Foreman, Frazier, Foster, Louis, Lewis or Tyson. I don't think he hits harder than guys like Tua or Morrisson either but he has better technique.

He didn't have time to plant his feet and really sit down on his shots. Give him a stationary target and he'll decapitate the guy.

Comment

I dont think his power is overrated,he hits like a truck but fights very cautiously and rarely strays from his strict gameplan

I expected him too stop Haye but Haye wasnt very aggressive and fought a half decent fight defensively using good head movement and rolling with a lot of Wlads big shots,he was just shut down offensively which made it a one sided fight although not as brutal as i imagined
      Last edited by The_Demon; 09-04-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
        Wlad's power has been overrated. He hit Haye with enough clean shots to stop him and yet he didn't. Haye was never hurt in the fight and yet people were saying it could be over when Wlad lands a jab.

Good power, very good technique but Wlad is no Foreman, Frazier, Foster, Louis, Lewis or Tyson. I don't think he hits harder than guys like Tua or Morrisson either but he has better technique.
        depends what you call overrated. he dosen't hit as hard as those guy you mentioned but he still hit pretty hard. He wouldn't be in the same class as the Foreman's, Tyson's and Shavers'.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          depends what you call overrated. he dosen't hit as hard as those guy you mentioned but he still hit pretty hard. He wouldn't be in the same class as the Foreman's, Tyson's and Shavers'.
          disagree. i think it'd be physically impossible for a guy like him NOT to hit harder than any of those guys with the exception of Lewis. Wlad plays it safe. that's why he gets **** on so much.

Vit doesn't get nearly half the **** that wlad does cause Vit is made of 100% Ukrainian cojones and wlad isn't. if the guy actually took more chances than he does, he'd be even more dominant but he's just so ****ing scared of getting tagged. he'd rather 1-2 his opponent to death.

Comment

Yes it is....

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
              disagree. i think it'd be physically impossible for a guy like him NOT to hit harder than any of those guys with the exception of Lewis. Wlad plays it safe. that's why he gets **** on so much.

Vit doesn't get nearly half the **** that wlad does cause Vit is made of 100% Ukrainian cojones and wlad isn't. if the guy actually took more chances than he does, he'd be even more dominant but he's just so ****ing scared of getting tagged. he'd rather 1-2 his opponent to death.
              You think Lewis can hit harder than Foreman or Tyson?

Comment

Wlad hits hard very hard. Harder than Tyson. But Haye moves alot and you can not compare the KO´s from Foreman or Frazier with Wlad because in the past the gloves where much smaller than today. They use 6 or 8 oz.

Comment

I don't believe that he got Haye with any clean shots, since Haye was always movng back or away, but never forward.

Comment

I think he hits harder than any of thm, except perhaps Tyson. And it's all because he knows the correct way to deliver a punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X