Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Trying Its Best To Rebuild Berto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id give him 6 months or more for the stamina issue , iron deficiency is no joke, Ive had it and a lot of other black people have it.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      first of all it doesnt have a whole lot to do with al haymons influence, it has to do with berto being an olympian and an action fighter. when he first came on hbo he was one of the best if not the best prospect in boxing.

yes, because HBO always hypes up Olympians that didn't rep the US....from his amateur background and repping Haiti, THAT's why HBO paid him close to 7 figures to fight the likes of Freddy Hernandez...yea, that had NOTHING to do with Al Haymon

second nothing kellerman said was untrue and he never said it was a new and improved berto. u say hes the same flat footed plodding fighter as before and thats the very same reason hes an action fighter. i mean the fight was a war!

kellerman acctually brought up the fact that berto squares up too much, that he doesnt move his head or feet after he lands etc but thats also what makes him exciting and max is right about that.

from a skill standpoint hes the same flawed berto, max never said anything different from that. but he makes for good action fights, and wasnt there action last night? where is max off point?

if it's the same thing, then why hasn't Max put this 'action fighter' tag on Berto before? why after a loss? why when the guy's career is at a crossroads is he trying to hype him up as a Gatti-like figure? why now? Max just BARELY saw that? think deeper fight fan

the slow motion replay also didnt show zavecks face before the face rubbing and he could very well have been cut already and a left hook did land right on the eye right before that sequence. just bcuz u werent paying enough attention to know what happened other than the slow motion replays doesnt mean nothing else happened.

its unclear if it came from a punch or a butt. i will say this, cuts rarely open up from fighters rubbing heads (your choice of words not mine). there wasnt a really strong clash and no real reaction from zaveck to indicate he got cut after they smothered eachother with their heads.

if it was unclear whether it came from a butt or a punch, then why the immediate insistence that it did come from a punch? even during the slow mo where we didn't see hooks landing, the notion that it came from a clash of heads wasn't even mentioned

last but not least calling berto a hypejob is ignorant, he is a flawed fighter and i wasnt impressed by his performance last night but he is young, very talented and already is a two time champion. he hasnt beaten the best fighters out there but he beat some very solid fighters very convincinlgy and deserves props.

he's a hypejob dude...HBO got you...good job Kellerman!

Comment

I know man, Berto makes me sick. Crap performance, crap opposition, and a sham that he was spoon fed another belt. I am so tired of Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by | THE KING | View Post
          Still at them even bringing up Taylor... I think I even heard them bring up sugar ray.. not sure if they were speaking on leonard .. but wow. Berto is not at the elite level.. dude is not even top 5 caliber IMO. MAAAAYYYBEE top 10.. but I can see many of the other top WW's beating the guy.

oh man...when they brought up Meldrick, i just wanted to yack

Comment

"..and that's why we loved Meldrick"

"...and that's why we love Berto"

LMFAO!!!!!! goddaamn that was shameless

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              "..and that's why we loved Meldrick"

"...and that's why we love Berto"

LMFAO!!!!!! goddaamn that was shameless

Got some of the fans fooled by this young hungry lion..

Comment

Disgusting, no doubt. HBO is making fools outta a lot of people.

Comment

first of all it doesnt have a whole lot to do with al haymons influence, it has to do with berto being an olympian and an action fighter. when he first came on hbo he was one of the best if not the best prospect in boxing.

second nothing kellerman said was untrue and he never said it was a new and improved berto. u say hes the same flat footed plodding fighter as before and thats the very same reason hes an action fighter. i mean the fight was a war!

kellerman acctually brought up the fact that berto squares up too much, that he doesnt move his head or feet after he lands etc but thats also what makes him exciting and max is right about that.

from a skill standpoint hes the same flawed berto, max never said anything different from that. but he makes for good action fights, and wasnt there action last night? where is max off point?

the slow motion replay also didnt show zavecks face before the face rubbing and he could very well have been cut already and a left hook did land right on the eye right before that sequence. just bcuz u werent paying enough attention to know what happened other than the slow motion replays doesnt mean nothing else happened.

its unclear if it came from a punch or a butt. i will say this, cuts rarely open up from fighters rubbing heads (your choice of words not mine). there wasnt a really strong clash and no real reaction from zaveck to indicate he got cut after they smothered eachother with their heads.

last but not least calling berto a hypejob is ignorant, he is a flawed fighter and i wasnt impressed by his performance last night but he is young, very talented and already is a two time champion. he hasnt beaten the best fighters out there but he beat some very solid fighters very convincinlgy and deserves props.
                  Exactly calling Berto a hype job is ignorant. God knows the comparisons between Berto and SRL and Taylor made last night were warranted

Comment

After Floyd likely beats Ortiz I'm sure we will see a Ortiz-Berto rematch and I think Ortiz takes care of him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                      After Floyd likely beats Ortiz I'm sure we will see a Ortiz-Berto rematch and I think Ortiz takes care of him again.

i do think Ortiz beats him again as well

Comment

Working...
                      X