Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Victor Ortiz a legitimate challenge for Floyd Mayweather Jr? (ESPN Hot Button)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Victor a legitimate opponent, of course he is, any boxing fan already knows that. There are those questions about his past, but there is no denying his power and youth. I expect Mayweather's elite skills to carry him throughout the night, but nonetheless, Ortiz will remain a very dangerous foe.

When you're fighting at the top echelon of the sport, it seems as if competition hardly comes your way. This includes fighters such as Mayweather, Donaire, Martinez, and Pacquiao, they are just so good that they make even great fighters look like bums.

So until these top athletes start fighting each other, we will always have half-brained critics arguing against who their opponents are.

Comment

He is more of a ko threat than pac, maravilla and khan

Comment

Ortiz is far more dangerous to Floyd than his last 3, maybe 4 opponents.

Comment

He's an legitimate opponent for Floyd but i don't think he will challenge Mayweather much.

I personally think Mayweather is gonna kick his ass lol.

The only two guys who i think would be a legitimate challenge for Mayweather right now is Pacquiao and Martinez (at 154).

Comment

i like martinez... but c'mon... he's not THAT good. He has no business fighting guys like floyd,manny, and cotto. He's 160 lbs and those guys are small welters..He shouldn't be in the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Ward Reppa View Post
              yup...hes just too young and inexperienced...Floyd picks his fights by the amount of advantage he has.
              What are those advantages in this fight ? , Ortiz is bigger stronger nearly as fast and punches twice as hard and is mentally prime coming of his biggest win the guy will be a beast right now and in the best shape of his life , would you rather Floyd fight older washed up guys like Margo and Cotto then you would say he picks shot guys , I find your comment laughable , this is a dangerous fight for Floyd when you consider inactivity and age and size difference , and its obvious Floyd is on the decline .

Comment

he's the most legit opponent outside pacquiao and martinez. we'll see if he's a true challenge on sept 17th, but as far as being a legit opponent, most deff.

Comment

Who exactly do you think is there for Floyd considering he wants none of Pac and Sergio? Name at least one or two.

:-|

Comment

this Thread............damn floyd is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      He's a legitimate opponent. Whether he's a challenge for Floyd is another thing though
                      Agreed. It's a fight you cannot criticize unless you refuse to give Floyd credit for anything. On the other hand, Ortiz is getting dominated, we all know that.

Comment

Working...
                      X