Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you guys do if a 50 yr old Holyfield knocked out both Klitschko's in a row

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you guys do if a 50 yr old Holyfield knocked out both Klitschko's in a row

at the height of there dominance........

Would it rank as the single most remarkable achievement in boxing history?

Would this automatically catapult Evander as the number one heavyweight of alltime?

My answer to both is yes. What's your answers & please no opinions on whether he can pull it off.. gets killed by the brothers..... just answer both questions as they were presented. How would you guys view this in light of how improbable it is in becoming reality.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jimmy1569; 09-01-2011, 02:29 AM.

why stop there?

let's talk about foreman coming out of retirement and beating them.

or how about joe louis being resurrected and beating them.

those 2 are as realistic as your scenario.

Comment

I'd offer to buy him a drink.

Comment

Yes and no.

He would have to be incredibly lucky, and the likes of Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali were fairly CONSISTENT to earn their rankings as the interchangable #1 and #2

I like Evander Holyfield but consistent he was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          why stop there?

let's talk about foreman coming out of retirement and beating them.

or how about joe louis being resurrected and beating them.

those 2 are as realistic as your scenario.
          True...... But Joe Louis has passed.. so he got No shot in hell unless we're doing the dream fights thing.

Big George is now 60 plus... & is retired so he;s got no shot in hell as well.

Evander is active.. is the only recognizeable American heavyweight & is the only one determined to retrieve all the major belts & put them around his waist.. Surely.. he's got better odds than the 2 aforementioned heavyweight greats.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
            True...... But Joe Louis has passed.. so he got No shot in hell unless we're doing the dream fights thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Dollars View Post
              I'd offer to buy him a drink.
              That's it? The achievement of a lifetime.. No one's ever beat both Klitschko's let alone knocked them both out & no one's ever unified a division against all & I MEAN all odds with most predicting his death & the first 50 yr old champion in ANY Major sport.. surely you can muster several drinks in this type of once in a lifetime occurence.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                That's it? The achievement of a lifetime.. No one's ever beat both Klitschko's let alone knocked them both out & no one's ever unified a division against all & I MEAN all odds with most predicting his death & the first 50 yr old champion in ANY Major sport.. surely you can muster several drinks in this type of once in a lifetime occurence.

okay... I'd buy him 2 drinks

Comment

I'd get Jean Pascal to yell "Take de Test" to Holyfield at the post fight press conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    Yes and no.

He would have to be incredibly lucky, and the likes of Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali were fairly CONSISTENT to earn their rankings as the interchangable #1 and #2

I like Evander Holyfield but consistent he was not.
                    I gather you mean yes to it being the most remarkable achievement & ofcourse no to him being the best ever heavyweight.

It would make him an unprecedented 5 time heavyweight champion.. it would make him the oldest champion in boxing history.. He will have shattered & completely destroyed the mythical like dominance of 3 alltime greats in The Klitschko's & Mike Tyson... Ali shattered Foreman & Liston's aura.. so that would top Ali. Fought as or even better competition than Ali. I mean Evander would've fought almost every heavyweight great of his era & won more than he lost.

How many can say they fought Holmes... Foreman.. Bowe.. Lewis.. Tyson & Both Klitschko's not to mention James Toney & all the remarkable achievements.. comebacks.. coming back from the dead.. getting his ear bitten off in front of millions.... the irregular heartbeats & ofcourse the monumental toppling of The Klitschko reign when the entire world was against it.

I;m sorry but all of that topples the LEGENDARY Ali & great Joe Louis.. ALI would still be the most famous & most popular fighter But that's where it ends.. to do what Holyfield will have done against all odds & we're not talking Buster Douglas 42-1 odds..... the odds if you include every ex fan hater of him.. MILLIONS would be eating crow.. Surely you'd at least have him third on the alltime list.

Comment

Working...
                    X