Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Berto Would Of Beat Ortiz, Would Berto Be Getting This Sep Fight With Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until i see al haymon fighters fighting each other i wouldnt believe Mayweather/Berto would ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Until i see al haymon fighters fighting each other i wouldnt believe Mayweather/Berto would ever happen.
      He wouldn't make like a berto vs paul williams, or whomever but for Mayweather, he I doubt he wouldn't sacrifice Berto if Floyd wanted the fight. I think he's smart enough to know Berto was never going to be a huge star, he knew his limitations and knew his days were numbered. Eventually someone was going to come along and beat him so might as well cash him out against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        I certainly felt he was there scouting Berto. I think that was his original plan and didn't expect Ortiz to win.

Or else he would have posted his gambling winnings on Ortiz via facebook/twitter.
        This exactly.

Berto did us ALL a favor that night. A Mayweather/Berto fight would have been boring as all hell. Atleast Mayweather/Ortiz has a high chance at some major fireworks. Whereas Berto woulda been a guy with stars in his eyes fighting Floyd Mayweather. Ortiz seems to have some genuine contempt for Floyd, and I think Victor really BELIEVES he can win.

Comment

Working...
        X