Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAFAEL: "This Was The Best Episode Of 24/7 Ever"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it may have been THEE greatest 24/7 episode ever, but its close.

The overall standard for an episode of 24/7 is incredibly high. I always get hyped for the fight after watching it, no matter what, even if its a complete BULL**** fight such as Pac vs Margarito.

Comment

is there gonna be a jmm/duckqiao 24/7???

..emmm ammm me very good guy eemmm me give jmm chance at catch weight eeemmm me fight a lot good fighterrrr aaaammm me no like take test eeeeemmm arum make good cherry picking eeemmmm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        I felt incredibly uncomfortable watching that man. Floyd has probably lost a ton of fans just from those 5 minutes(good thing I am a fan of what he does in the ring not outside of it). I knew it made good television but the reality of the matter is it was pretty hard to watch.
        i hope you arent serious. dude didnt lose any fans and broouht more attention to the fight after that

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
          i hope you arent serious. dude didnt lose any fans and broouht more attention to the fight after that
          I think Floyd lost some "I like that guy " fans.

I do not think he lost any "I will pay to watch that guy" fans

Comment

Only a few people really like Floyd anyway. Hes loud, rude, and full of himself but he plays the same type of role Ali did years ago so he will always have people who come to see him loose. As a fighter his skill are other worldly and he will always bring in the boxing fans who care about skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
              Only a few people really like Floyd anyway. Hes loud, rude, and full of himself but he plays the same type of role Ali did years ago so he will always have people who come to see him loose. As a fighter his skill are other worldly and he will always bring in the boxing fans who care about skill.
              Floyd wavers between "caring about what people think/loving his fans", and "only doing it for the money/all I care is that my children love me"..

He'll make his $40 million for this fight, and take more time off*. That is who he is. That is where we are.

*Because Manny will find another excuse for random testing.

Comment

It was compelling. And I can see why both Floyd Jr and Roger are sick of Floyd Sr.

Senior left Floyd's mother when Floyd was an infant. He was a druggie. He taught the kid a few moves when he bothered to pay attention to him. When Floyd Jr. was a teen, his dad was sent packing to prison.

And Roger Mayweather, who WAS A WORLD CHAMPION in two divisions ... Roger Mayweather took Floyd Jr. under his wing. ROGER Mayweather made Floyd the championship-level fighter he is today.

When Floyd Jr. said in 24/7 that ROGER Mayweather and FLOYD Mayweather (himself) made the Mayweather name, he was absolutely correct.

In fact, Roger Mayweather was still a top-rated fighter when Floyd Jr. turned pro ... and Roger turned his attention to guiding his nephew's career rather than focusing on his own.

On the other hand, Floyd Jr. gave his own dad a job when Sr. got out of prison, and Roger stepped aside in order for his brother and his nephew to finally build a relationship. And all Senior has done since then is try to steal the spotlight, take all the credit for the kid he had little to no interest in when he was a child, and put down his more talented younger brother -- who raised his son.

His dad just showed up at the gym in that episode because HBO was there, and Floyd Jr. and Roger clearly didn't want him there because he serves no purpose at all.

That's why the tension boiled over.

Floyd Sr. wasn't a better fighter than his brother Jeff Mayweather. Both were both fringe contenders at best. Neither beat a top 10 fighter. They both had ordinary careers. Nobody would really even know who Floyd Sr. was (like most don't recognize Jeff) if he didn't have the same name as his famous son. Seriously. He was a forgotten fringe fighter from decades ago. He wasn't known as a great trainer when he got out of prison. He got everything he has now because his son either gave it to him ... or his son's success opened doors for him.

Roger was the world champ. Roger taught Floyd how to be a top pro and a world champ. Roger is Floyd's father figure.

Floyd Sr. isn't wanted there and isn't welcome. He just showed up to gave his face on camera and to try to ride his kid's coattails again. And people act surprised when the kid explodes!
                Last edited by Dubblechin; 08-31-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                  I bet that fat tub of goo consumed three meals in that thirty minute period of watching the show.
                  This is the most honest, truthful, post in this damn thread.

Comment

Am i the only one who agrees with floyd 100%. i have a really close relationship with my dad, but if he miseed my biggest achievment in life due to being in prison on drug charges i would be pi*sed. then to come out of prison watch his son become p4p best in the world whilst training other boxers and saying "yeah i want my son to lose". and then attend his training camp and take credit for all his boxing success in life. whilst disrespecting his gym, fighters and trainers all in the same day. I would be pi*sed no wonder jnr called his dad a f*ggot. i know i missed loads of thing and so on but wouldnt you be?

Comment

BTW,

500K to anyone that makes me a "**** yo gym" gif.

Comment

Working...
                      X