RAFAEL: "This Was The Best Episode Of 24/7 Ever"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    Not really a reply to you.

I didn't really at as sad to see. The kids should have been removed from the room as soon as the level of the argument went from joking to serious that was sad IMO. I despise my father for my own reasons. I don't agree with a lot of the opinions I have been reading. A father shouldn't get the respect of a DADDY just cause he got a child's mother pregnant. If a person feels they father wasn't there and the father doesn't even want to admit they was wrong or apologize then why should that son have a certain respect level for that man? I have realized a long time ago not to get caught up on titles. A father is a man plain and simple. Some men deserve respect and some don't. I am not gonna respect any person because of some title they hold. I am not saying this Sr. and Jr. exact story. I can see where Jr. is coming from in certain things. Life is too short to hold your tongue to a person because of a title that person didn't fully live up too.
    There was no reason to show this stuff. I mean he called his father a "******". The kids are really scared and crying. Roger just sits back becuase he knows this has to play itself out and he can't choose between brother or nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
      Not really a reply to you.

I didn't really at as sad to see. The kids should have been removed from the room as soon as the level of the argument went from joking to serious that was sad IMO. I despise my father for my own reasons. I don't agree with a lot of the opinions I have been reading. A father shouldn't get the respect of a DADDY just cause he got a child's mother pregnant. If a person feels they father wasn't there and the father doesn't even want to admit they was wrong or apologize then why should that son have a certain respect level for that man? I have realized a long time ago not to get caught up on titles. A father is a man plain and simple. Some men deserve respect and some don't. I am not gonna respect any person because of some title they hold. I am not saying this Sr. and Jr. exact story. I can see where Jr. is coming from in certain things. Life is too short to hold your tongue to a person because of a title that person didn't fully live up too.

I've heard this perspective, and I respect it.

However, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around because my relationship with my Dad is so close. He's one of my best friends, and I tell him I love him when I call. So, with that viewpoint, it's difficult for me to see the "just a title" perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        There was no reason to show this stuff. I mean he called his father a "******". The kids are really scared and crying. Roger just sits back becuase he knows this has to play itself out and he can't choose between brother or nephew.
        There was a reason the show is called 24/7 and that is what they signed up for. So what he called his father a f@ggot? If that is how he felt then so be it. I would call my father worse given the chance. People still caught up on titles.

If father never acknowleges his son and one day he has a change of heart and walks up on his son tells and shows him proof that he is indeed his father and the son says "get out of my face f@ggot!" you think the son is out of line?

Just trying to get a read on where you coming from by taking this away from Sr and Jr.
        Last edited by tredh; 08-30-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

at least floyd has a father

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            Why??cause floyd and his father argued??it was terrible and embarrasing,if the argument made it great then thats sad,had 0 to do with boxing and actual preparation,more like a ****** ass reality show a knock off of basketball wives or jersey shore...might as well just make a show called the Mayweathers..if thats what people call entertainment then oh well,but i watched it one time and im to ashamed to watch that crap again
            Since when do you have shame?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              at least floyd has a father
              Aww ......

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                I've heard this perspective, and I respect it.

However, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around because my relationship with my Dad is so close. He's one of my best friends, and I tell him I love him when I call. So, with that viewpoint, it's difficult for me to see the "just a title" perspective.
                I get what you saying I had a very close relationship with my grandfather and wished he hadn't passed so he could been the best man at my wedding. So I know what you saying. But I don't mess with my father at all we just oil and water. So he will never get from me the respect I had for my grandfather. I will tell him how feel in whatever words I choose in any setting private or public if he steps on my toes.

Comment

It definitely was the best 24/7 I've seen. That's what you call must see TV.

Comment

24/7 is great publicity for boxing. positive or negative.

weather you agree or disagree with some of the things showed in 24/7, it makes for captivating television.

Comment

I found this episode revolting.I would rather watch baboons stealing mangoes than a repeat of that 24/7

Comment

Working...
                      X