Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour: Zavec sparring with Mayweather for Berto fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Zavec sparring with Mayweather for Berto fight.

anyone heard this ? Dan rafeal says zavec has denied it but i wouldnt expect him to give it away if its true, thoughts?

LMFAO@your sig.

Comment

Why would May be sparring with a righty when he's fighting a lefty
      his sparring partners are already known unless May really has a soft spot or some promotional deal with this guy there's slim to no chance of this occurence

Comment

Well if he has denied it, it's not true.

Comment

i have to admit that rumor surprised me.
          zavec is currently in biloxi sparring with joel julio and his club mate, at least according to his blog.
          unless floyd flew over to biloxi i find this rumor very unlikely. and zavec denied it yes.
          i think this rumor was created purely by journalists to hype things up a little. zavec is still largely unknown so they spiced it up a little by adding floyds name to the mix.
          Last edited by Leohappy; 08-27-2011, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I listened to the entire 1 hour Berto-Zavek conference call.

Jan was asked that question, and he said that he was not putting work with Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              I listened to the entire 1 hour Berto-Zavek conference call.

Jan was asked that question, and he said that he was not putting work with Mayweather.
              didn't know you were interested in this fight. i would like to hear your prediction sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                didn't know you were interested in this fight. i would like to hear your prediction sometime.
                I'm interested PRIMARILY because I want to see if/how Berto can come back.

I encourage you to listen to the call. It's long, so I just put it on in the background while I did some other ****.

What caught my attention was that Berto doesn't seem to know what went wrong that night, and he is defensive about discussing the loss. He was asked several legitimate questions, and he bowed up. And Lou DiBella (whom I like) jumped to Andre's defense on some hyper-sensitive ****, too.

If Berto said "you know, I should have used my footwork more. I had the advantage in handspeed, but I didn't fight my fight. I should have boxed him and broken him down instead of being dragged into a war...". Anything like that. I'd be cool with that.

But he said that he went to Bali for a month (?) to clear his head. That the loss was hard to deal with. That people are writing him off for a L, etc. He just came off as mad defensive and emo.

So, much of this fight depends on where Berto's head is. If - IF - Berto is clear-thinking, then he is too much for Zaveck. Jan hasn't seen this kind of talent and athleticism. I expect Berto to be in shape, and he runs away with this fight.

I considered going to this fight. But the Beau Rivage was $329 and the Hard Rock is sold out. $329 is more than I'm paying for my Vegas room in three weeks.

Comment

i don't blame you for choosing berto, but zavec is a determined, strong willed man. he came from slovenia to germany, and now to the US just to pursue his goal of fighting the best. there must be something more about it than just a good payday. zavec could have been fighting bums in slovenia for a decent buck too (in his last fight he got 50k€), but he chose not to do this. he must be confident enough in his ability if he took the berto fight. that's a tough opponent to make a debut with. even khan chose an easier target for his debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    i don't blame you for choosing berto, but zavec is a determined, strong willed man. he came from slovenia to germany, and now to the US just to pursue his goal of fighting the best. there must be something more about it than just a good payday. zavec could have been fighting bums in slovenia for a decent buck too (in his last fight he got 50k€), but he chose not to do this. he must be confident enough in his ability if he took the berto fight. that's a tough opponent to make a debut with. even khan chose an easier target for his debut.
                    Sure, Berto should win but something tells me he might not.

Zaveck seems determined to make a name for himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X