Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest defensive fighter of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    If Floyd defense was so good than a 16 month inactive Shane Mosley wouldn't of hit him harder in the chin than Pacquiao has ever been hit. And Shane couldn't land anything on Pac who had leg cramps.

Pacquiaos defense > Gayweathers
    this guy knows his boxing..lol

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      Not sure but you can't menton defense without bringing up Floyd..............But out of those 3 i'd have to go with the one ive seen the most of..Whitaker
      Why not???

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
        fmj is a great defesive fighter...

but i think there are plenty of fighter that had better defense...
        "Plenty of fighters"? As in 2 or 3 guys? Maybe 5 at the most.

Comment

the reason why Bernard Hopkins at 46 yrs old is still very much intact and can beat young champions is because (aside from commitment to conditioning) he has excellent defense and never gets hit clean because of it.

Comment

locche for me...i've seen a few videos of him and that guy can fight in a phone booth and still avoid getting hit. that short of a distance from his opponent and he was still using pure defensive techniques. the same situation with floyd and he was already grabbing his opponent or using his elbows instead of using his reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              If Floyd defense was so good than a 16 month inactive Shane Mosley wouldn't of hit him harder in the chin than Pacquiao has ever been hit. And Shane couldn't land anything on Pac who had leg cramps.

Pacquiaos defense > Gayweathers
              I'm adding this to my Check_hooks quotes

you're such a boxing scholar Check_hooks

Comment

.......am I crazy for thinking Sweet pea is winning this because a lot of people haven't seen any Willie Pep videos?

The question was who was the Greatest defensive fighter of all time

which is clearly Willie Pep

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                  Pernel Whitaker is the best defensive fighter I've ever seen. Willie Pep is arguable. But Floyd is the best defensive, timing, counter puncher I've seen. NO *****OOOO!!!!!
                  Dude. That was so ***** Floyd just E-jizzed all over your tonsils :gay:

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    As much as I detest him and his fans, it's without a doubt Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Now no one will give it up to him, either out of hate or nuthugging old school fighters, but if you just look at all the elite defensive fighters on film, none defend as great as Floyd. Dude can do it all on the defensive end...slip, block etc
                    What's more impressive? Someone like Floyd who just buttons up and doesn't throw many punches? Or someone like Whitaker or Pep who'd make you miss while still throwing at a high volume? I know the answer. Do you?

Poet

Comment

i would have thought locche would get more votes.

Comment

Working...
                      X