No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Yuriorkis Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetscience18 View Post
    No, ametuer style is jumping in and throwing flurries trying to overwhelm your opponent
    So Pacquiao has the ultimate amateur style in boxing apparently!

I agree with CubanGuy, I don't know how anyone can watch him fight and say "wow he looks like an amateur fighter!"

Comment

Gamboa for me! Lovin the poll

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        So Pacquiao has the ultimate amateur style in boxing apparently!

I agree with CubanGuy, I don't know how anyone can watch him fight and say "wow he looks like an amateur fighter!"
        Man, Natas, I wanted to say it, but just didn't want to go there! lol I figured comparisons to Tyson and Jones, Jr. were enough.

I definitely don't want to put Gamboa in the same league with Roy and Manny, but they all have one thing in common: Their formidable natural abilities allow them to operate "outside the box".

Broner has definitely been influenced by Mayweather, Jr. Adrien seems to have a little more pop, relatively speaking; but defensively, he's a poor man's Floyd. If not too much changes, and Broner and Gamboa meet within the next couple of years, Yuri will handle Adrien with little problem.

Comment

my only worry about Broner is his mental composure, can he act mature in times where the going gets rough or will his ego cause him to implode, if he can balance his mental game he will surely win this fight IMO, he has all the necessary tools to beat a guy like Yuriorkis he just has to put it together and he has shown in the past a will to persevere.

the only way I see him losing is by the fight becoming too much for him and his own mental flaws causing him to shy away from fighting his fight, other than that Broner wins. he can do both, box you out and brawl you out as well as Yuriorkis except Broner has better defense therefore when it boils down to those round winning blows I think Broner's more polished approach will make the difference in a tough and hard fought 12 round fight, there very much can be a KO but honestly I don't think there will be one

Comment

Broner would school and KO Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
              Broner would school and KO Gamboa.
              just like how he schooled and KO'd Ponce de leon

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                my only worry about Broner is his mental composure, can he act mature in times where the going gets rough or will his ego cause him to implode, if he can balance his mental game he will surely win this fight IMO, he has all the necessary tools to beat a guy like Yuriorkis he just has to put it together and he has shown in the past a will to persevere.

the only way I see him losing is by the fight becoming too much for him and his own mental flaws causing him to shy away from fighting his fight, other than that Broner wins. he can do both, box you out and brawl you out as well as Yuriorkis except Broner has better defense therefore when it boils down to those round winning blows I think Broner's more polished approach will make the difference in a tough and hard fought 12 round fight, there very much can be a KO but honestly I don't think there will be one
                I don't know Broner's fights nearly as well as I do Gamboa's. I've only seen Adrien's bout with Ponce De Leon in full and a couple of his shorter fights. It's tough to form a solid opinion on Broner based on such limited exposure. However, the Ponce fight was rather unimpressive. Adrien's defense was okay, but he was hit way too much in my opinion. It seems clear that Broner models himself after Mayweather, Jr., but "The Problem's" a long way from airtight.

I see Gamboa's style and natural talent being too much for Broner. But you bring up a good point. It must be kept in mind that Adrien is only 22 years old. Yuri's 29, and, although both men have similar pro experience, Yuri had something like 250 amateur fights. Broner has never seen anything the likes of Gamboa before. It would be a major test for Adrien, while it would "only" be a challenging fight for Yuri. We'll see...it could be a while....

Comment

Working...
                X