Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mistake EVERYBODY Makes Against Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah good post. I think this is why Floyd won't watch tapes. It almost always causes him to get hit in the early rounds but makes it easy for him to adapt. You have to make the fight a real bore fest if you want to beat floyd. Trying to ko him will only result in failure. You have to win on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
      Yeah good post. I think this is why Floyd won't watch tapes. It almost always causes him to get hit in the early rounds but makes it easy for him to adapt. You have to make the fight a real bore fest if you want to beat floyd. Trying to ko him will only result in failure. You have to win on points.
      Lemme ask you:

If you throw a punch at Floyd, and he turns and deflects it with his shoulder or body, should that count as a landed punch? Say with the judges/compubox?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        I respectfully disagree here.

Lead left hooks. hooks to the body, check hooks. lead right hands. the jab, the pullcounter. that counter right hook over the top. the jab to the body. the jab in your face. the elbow/push-off.

Floyd has a very varied and complex offensive attack.

How many fighters throw all there punches WELL?
        I'm not saying his punch variety isn't great, it is, but he rarely will throw a combo and wants to throw off his defense. His defense is what you have to worry about, because his offense comes from his defense.

Comment

• Great post, the lack of people like u is the reason I hardly get on here anymore.

I've been saying for a while that someone is going to have to make Floyd come out HIS shell and fight to win. The only fighter I see being able to do that is Manny. Victor at this stage is still too young and inexperienced IMO
          Last edited by Fenom; 08-21-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• It will be tough he has the best Defense and Offense in boxing. Hard to beat a guy like that.

Comment

Man, I'll tell you. I went to a Mexican bar in North Carolina to watch Whitaker-Chavez. During the fight, it was mad silent. And then afterwards, all the Mexican dudes were giving Pernell props.

I went to Trinidad-Delahoya. Even though alot/most Mexicans felt that Oscar won, they were really cool about it. After the fight, some dudes from Oscar's crew got me into House of Blues for the official HBO after-party. I was kicking it with Chris Meloni (cool dude) and a bunch of Mexican guys.

I was a Tito nuthugger, ao I went to Vegas for Trinidad-Vargas. Some of us didn't have tickets, so we just did the closed circuit at Studio 54 in the MGM. We were going back-n-forth with these LA Mexican cats and we were buying each other drinks as Tito and Feroz traded knockdowns. Afterwards, we all rolled to The Drink.

I say this to show that the different "factions" used to get along and show mutual respect. This was before the ******* era.

There was never all this ignorance and hostility and racism before the *******s appeared. You didn't find all the photoshopped pictures and silly stuff. The boxing community was a really more of a community.

They are the ones who really started discrediting fighters.
              Dude that's because Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Blacks don't feel the need to put each other down to boost up their own morale. We all have our problems but some people in this world have let poverty make them hateful and envious.

I'm not saying all, but for the most part the Filipino people are a hateful group of people. I've know some beautiful Filipinos. Great, great people. But it was those people who taught me how close minded their parents and grandparents were, and how some the older generations have made it a cultural thing to be bias and hateful.

This racially charged situation over who is the #1 boxer in the world just goes to show how hateful they really are.

Sure, many of them will say that its gone both ways, but let's not forget the Filipino community had been saying racist things for YEARS before anyone from the Black community had said anything. Race wasn't an issue.

How many Hispanics and Whites have fought Blacks in boxing? Those are the three main groups. Sure, in a different era Whites were overtly racists, but times changed. And the people were supposed to change with them.

Not Filipinos. They remain bias and envious to the point that they would do almost ANYTHING for recognition. And once a Pinoy gets it, you see how rabidly racist they become publicly.

I've said it before, I don't condone racism from Blacks or Whites or Asians or Hispanics, but I understand that a man can only take so much.

Truthfully, I'm sure that Blacks feel that they could afford to have Floyd take a loss because Blacks have been dominant in the sport for over a century. Hispanics are in a similar position in boxing. Even Whites are more dominant in boxing than Asians. But even the Japanese don't have a need to feel envious or lose their mind when one of their own wins.

Remember when Nobuhiro Ishida beat James Kirkland? The Japanese didn't go bipolar and start making extremely racist tirades like the Filipinos did. Instead they just celebrated a great win for their countryman.

Floyd said some stupid things, but only after years of enduring racist diatribes and comments from people he hadn't yet offended at that point.

And now at this point .. too much has happened. Even at the end of the fight when Floyd says "I want to thank all my Asian fans, all my Filipino fans especially .." it won't be enough to undo the damage that's been done.

I've seen Filipino's attack Blacks. I've seen them attack Hispanics. They don't attack Whites so much because they aspire to be them. I've lived in a Filipino community in Hawaii for quite some time and let me tell you ... They dye their hair blond, they are taking speech diction classes so that they can sound like valley girls from California. They are marrying mostly blond haired, blue eyed men. Many of them don't even want to marry other Filipinos.

Its not only hate against other races. Its hate against themselves. Look at Michelle Malkin.

So I understand exactly what's going on. I've seen them do similar things like what they've pulled over Pacquiao. Its nothing new.

But that doesn't mean that others are going to stay PC and take it either.

And once Pacquiao gets his asss beat, the clowning won't end for them. It won't ever end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenom View Post
                Great post, the lack of people like u is the reason I hardly get on here anymore.

I've been saying for a while that someone is going to have to make Floyd come out HIS shell and fight to win. The only fighter I see being able to do that is Manny. Victor at this stage is still too young and inexperienced IMO
                Thank you very much.

I see that people are saying Victor is relatively inexperienced. But is Vic any less experienced than Floyd was when PBF stepped up for his big fights (Hernandez/Corrales)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Dude that's because Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Blacks don't feel the need to put each other down to boost up their own morale. We all have our problems but some people in this world have let poverty make them hateful and envious.

I'm not saying all, but for the most part the Filipino people are a hateful group of people. I've know some beautiful Filipinos. Great, great people. But it was those people who taught me how close minded their parents and grandparents were, and how some the older generations have made it a cultural thing to be bias and hateful.

This racially charged situation over who is the #1 boxer in the world just goes to show how hateful they really are.

Sure, many of them will say that its gone both ways, but let's not forget the Filipino community had been saying racist things for YEARS before anyone from the Black community had said anything. Race wasn't an issue.

How many Hispanics and Whites have fought Blacks in boxing? Those are the three main groups. Sure, in a different era Whites were overtly racists, but times changed. And the people were supposed to change with them.

Not Filipinos. They remain bias and envious to the point that they would do almost ANYTHING for recognition. And once a Pinoy gets it, you see how rabidly racist they become publicly.

I've said it before, I don't condone racism from Blacks or Whites or Asians or Hispanics, but I understand that a man can only take so much.

Truthfully, I'm sure that Blacks feel that they could afford to have Floyd take a loss because Blacks have been dominant in the sport for over a century. Hispanics are in a similar position in boxing. Even Whites are more dominant in boxing than Asians. But even the Japanese don't have a need to feel envious or lose their mind when one of their own wins.

Remember when Nobuhiro Ishida beat James Kirkland? The Japanese didn't go bipolar and start making extremely racist tirades like the Filipinos did. Instead they just celebrated a great win for their countryman.

Floyd said some stupid things, but only after years of enduring racist diatribes and comments from people he hadn't yet offended at that point.

And now at this point .. too much has happened. Even at the end of the fight when Floyd says "I want to thank all my Asian fans, all my Filipino fans especially .." it won't be enough to undo the damage that's been done.

I've seen Filipino's attack Blacks. I've seen them attack Hispanics. They don't attack Whites so much because they aspire to be them. I've lived in a Filipino community in Hawaii for quite some time and let me tell you ... They dye their hair blond, they are taking speech diction classes so that they can sound like valley girls from California. They are marrying mostly blond haired, blue eyed men. Many of them don't even want to marry other Filipinos.

Its not only hate against other races. Its hate against themselves. Look at Michelle Malkin.

So I understand exactly what's going on. I've seen them do similar things like what they've pulled over Pacquiao. Its nothing new.

But that doesn't mean that others are going to stay PC and take it either.

And once Pacquiao gets his asss beat, the clowning won't end for them. It won't ever end.

You just said some real-asss ****.

I never heard as much racism even from other groups when my man Camacho was doing all that talking.

As soon as Mayweather starts talking about Pac, the Pinoys went crazy with racism.

Bernard Hopkins threw down the PR flag. Boricuas were angry at HOPKINS.

The funny thing is, no group in Asia is more reviled and disrespected than Filipinos. Japanese, Koreans, and Malaysians look down on Pinoys.

Comment

You just said some real-asss ****.

I never heard as much racism even from other groups when my man Camacho was doing all that talking.

As soon as Mayweather starts talking about Pac, the Pinoys went crazy with racism.

Bernard Hopkins threw down the PR flag. Boricuas were angry at HOPKINS.

The funny thing is, no group in Asia is more reviled and disrespected than Filipinos. Japanese, Koreans, and Malaysians look down on Pinoys.
                    Are you filipino? I think you speak for 95% of filipinos whenever you inform us of their cultural issues. It's always a pleasure hearing you share what you know.

Comment

• Even though filipinos want to be white and are racist to Blacks, why do so many of the youth attempt to emulate aspects of Black culture? Collecting tennis shoes, having fitted caps, listening to all that hip hop, etc?

Comment

Working...
                      X