Right now: Cotto-Marquez @ 145?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right now: Cotto-Marquez @ 145?

Same weight he fought Pacquiao at.

First off, there are a couple of factors here that need to be discussed. Let's assume Marquez does beat Pacquiao, does he become an attractive WW PPV wise? Can Cotto make the weight?

These two guys are warriors and I think it would be one hell of a fight since they're almost at the same point in their careers. They've both been thru wars and I think they'd go thru another one if they face each other.

What do you think?
    Cotto
    80.00%
    Marquez
    6.67%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Not Sure
    0.00%
    It would be a mismatch, Cotto is too big.
    13.33%
    Would have to wait to see how they'll look in their upcoming fights.
    0.00%

Cotto is too big for Marquez.

In a pound for pound sense I favor Marquez, but in reality it's Cotto easily.

Comment

Cotto.

JMM doesn't belong anywhere over 140lbs. Marquez, though a great counterpuncher, tends to get hit more than he should (at least more so in the latter stages of his career). I've always stated that Cotto is an underrated boxer and his jab to me would give JMM problems. Cotto's also just a bigger guy. When both guys were on ESPN Deportes talking about the Mayorga fight, you could see them squared up how that fight would look. I see JMM getting stopped in the fight. JMM is a great boxer, but we also tend to forget he likes to fight, and against Cotto I think he'd be in trouble.

Comment

Cotto would hurt JMM.

Comment

I'd favor Cotto over Marquez at 145.

Cotto is on the decline but he has what it takes to beat a blown up Marquez.

Comment

Marquez is best at 135.

Comment

i see cotto bullying jmm... i easily rank jmm over cotto in a p4p sense, but i wonder how a solid bodyshot from cotto would affect jmm... and i dont see cotto respecting jmm's power at all.

Comment

Cotto by KO. If Marquez looks good or even average vs Pacquiao I could see Top Rank making Cotto-Marquez next year but not at 145 probably 147 in the battle of the best Puerto Rican Boxer of this era against the best Mexican boxer of this era. Even if Cotto beats him up it would sell big time.

Comment

Cotto - the size is one factor, but Cotto's pure boxer/puncher style is what is needed to beat Marquez. He wouldn't be really vulnerable to Marquez's counter-punches. Marquez is more than a counter-puncher - he can be an offensive boxer/puncher too, but like others have pointed out, he takes punches. . . And Cotto just punches too hard.

Comment

to be honest I really wouldn't mind seeing it, though. porque no?

Comment

Working...
                    X